How do you wrap your soap once it's ready?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitMommyOf2

Reaction score
Another typical newbie question :oops: :wink:

Right now I wrap all my M&P soap in Saran wrap once they're 'cured' (not sure if you call it that with M&P soap or only with CP :roll: ) but for sending them out; whether as a gift or later on for sale I was thinking of using something nicer obviously. :lol:
I've bought some soap from another WAHM (work-at-home-mom) who used fabric for her CP and I really like the idea.. but I was wondering if the scents aren't fading or even blending with eachother if I'd send several different soaps?

I'd appreciate if you pros could give me some advice/hints!
Thank you! :D

Well its hard to say with M&P because it has to be covered to prevent moisture, vs. CP need to breathe..
So Im not sure, I only did M&P for a week and moved on...

M&P needs to be in an airtight container of some sort or it will shrink up too.

I wrap mine very snug in saran wrap, pulled tight & taped on the back so there is no sagging or wrinkles, then I drop them down into cello bags & tie w/ ribbon.

If you just use the saran wrap, they will get dinged up VERY easy, people will dig their thumb nails into them to see how hard they are.

If you just drop them into cello bags they will bounce around & leave soap scum inside the bag that looks like a snails trail.

The thinner & cheaper the saran wrap the better, it ppulls smoother.

You can wrap in saran & place them in pretty clear plastic boxes too, but they are expensive. Maybe for special Christmas bars you can do this w/ pretty ribbon & a small ornamant or silk flower tucked under the ribbon.

Tabitha said:
M&P needs to be in an airtight container of some sort or it will shrink up too.

I wrap mine very snug in saran wrap, pulled tight & taped on the back so there is no sagging or wrinkles, then I drop them down into cello bags & tie w/ ribbon.

If you just use the saran wrap, they will get dinged up VERY easy, people will dig their thumb nails into them to see how hard they are.

If you just drop them into cello bags they will bounce around & leave soap scum inside the bag that looks like a snails trail.

The thinner & cheaper the saran wrap the better, it ppulls smoother.

You can wrap in saran & place them in pretty clear plastic boxes too, but they are expensive. Maybe for special Christmas bars you can do this w/ pretty ribbon & a small ornamant or silk flower tucked under the ribbon.

Thanks so much for your input, Tab! I really appreciate it! :D

Latest posts

Back