How do you store your products? Anyone willing to share pics of their setup?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbalEarthling

Reaction score
Right now, soaps get stored on a metal shelf with lots of air. But my other products like salves, lip balm, etc live in separate bins in bags on a shelf. There's gotta be a better way! My business is growing and as I introduce more products, I feel like I could be a lot more organized and efficient with my space. Any thoughts? Please share photos if you're willing!

I can make you feel very organized and efficient right now; I have soaps all over the house - but especially on the dining room table and sideboard, (Thanksgiving anyone?) The bathroom shelves, the built in bookshelves in the upstairs hallway, the kids' room....:)

I have 8 sets of 5 metal shelving units, but used the shelves from 3 of them on the other 5. I have them spaced a bit taller than my soap. I line the shelves with plastic needlepoint and cure my soaps on there 6-8 weeks is my preference. Then once cured I bevel, wrap, label and move into cardboard baseball card boxes and label them with what's inside. Then I just stack those on my deeper shelves. I would post a photo but right now I'm getting ready for may last big show on Friday/Saturday and everything is a mess.

Thanks everyone for sharing! What I was really looking for was how do you store non-soap products. Things in bottles and jars. Keep em coming though, either way it's always good to hear how to store soaps as well. :)

Thanks everyone for sharing! What I was really looking for was how do you store non-soap products. Things in bottles and jars. Keep em coming though, either way it's always good to hear how to store soaps as well. :)

I store them in plastic storage containers on my shelves. Labeled and inventoried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Snappyllama, I don't move them much, but they do have sturdy wheels and glide smoothly on my wood floors. They can handle quite a bit of weight... my soap one has hundreds of bars in it and must be pretty heavy.

Snappyllama, I don't move them much, but they do have sturdy wheels and glide smoothly on my wood floors. They can handle quite a bit of weight... my soap one has hundreds of bars in it and must be pretty heavy.

Fantastic. My nephew will be moving in with me to finish up high school so my soaping closet will be gone in a couple of weeks. These look like the perfect solution. Thanks so much!

Latest posts

Back