How do you package for shipping?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
Hello all...

I am thinking about starting up my own website but I am unsure how to package my soaps and other items for shipping. I don't want my soaps to get dings in them in the mail, but my retail packaging is very simple...raffia tied around the bar with a tag on it. I'd rather not use soap boxes because it just ends up in the garbage and I hate the thought of that!

Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

thx!

I don't ship, well......don't even sell yet. But I thought you could use smallest size feasible for the outer box, wrap soap in recycled tissue paper, and fill in the rest of the box with packing material saved from supply shipments.

Tell your customers that you recycle clean packing materials for their packages. Many will appreciate that, you save money and the environment. :D

I have saved 3 bags of foam peanuts for that time. Just planning for the future.

Digit

I place most everything in either a zip lock sandwich bag or roll it up in a sheet of tissue paper to protect it from whatever recycled packing materials I may be using at any given point in time.

Tissue paper and fabric.

I had a huge donation drive before I opened my website and had a bunch of local crafters that donated unused tissue paper and fabric scraps. It's amazing how many people have packs of tissue paper that they never even use....

I wrap my soap in tissue paper and tie with fabric. I mail everything in those bubble mailers... and I just got a stamp with a little penguin on it the says "Keep out of direct heat' to stamp on the outside.

I save boxes from small amazon shipments and peanuts from my EO orders. Though, I don't ship very often. I wrap the bars in newspaper and fill the box with peanuts. I tape up all of the box's seams.

Back