How do you make dots in hot process?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie

Reaction score
I've seen bars of hot process soaps with polka dots. Instead of swirls they're decorated with dots. They're really cute.

How on earth do you do that? Could it be melt and pour, molded in a long small pipe mold and placed in the mold while pouring the HP? That's the only way I can think of. Can someone point me in the direction online that shows how?

do you mean like this ?

medium.jpg

I think you add soap balls into a pretty thickly traced soap (so they stay suspended.) When you slice, you get the dots.

I never did dot shapes but I do cut up pieces from prior batches to add to hot process soap. I add when the soap is ready to put in the mold after I add the fragrance.

Yes, like that Madpiano! Cute, looks like Chocolate Cherries. Soap balls in the traced soap?

This one is CP soap, but HP should work the same.

Make some easy soap and colour to choice, I made mine HP
Let the soap cure for 1 or 2 weeks
Rebatch that soap and roll into small soap balls
Let those cool and harden for a day or 2
Make main soap and when the soap is in the mould add the balls and mix them in (or push them in). Mine are all stuck at the top, as I assumed in CP they would sink, but they didn't. Next time I know.

This soap is the colour of Dark Columbian Chocolate and has bright red soap ball in it. It was flavoured with Cherry Amaretto FO. It looks and smells divine, can't wait to try it.

Latest posts

Back