How do you like my display?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was under the impression that you have what you have and don't wish to spend a lot of money, I liked what you have already too. My suggestions was based on that idea of you're saving money by adding to what you have, and enhancing what you do already have. I like all the suggestions. But I still love your tablecloth :smile: and I think it is pretty, not too busy once you add a banner, etc. My thoughts would be that a solid color cloth would be harder to keep looking fresh and clean. Just following a few of the suggestions on this thread could help out a lot!
Kittie
PS, I haven't figured out here how to follow threads I'm commenting on, are there some settings I need to subscribe to so I can find the threads I have posted in and want to follow? I've searched the site, cant find a settings menu :-(

Oh, and please post some new pics after you've made your changes. We'd all love to see it!
Kittie

Last edited:
You have received a lot of good advice. You can get a banner from Vistaprint for a very reasonable price. I've gotten two from them and they are still going strong for several years now. They run sales almost weekely. I agree with a plain tablecloth but you could use the current one as a runner or accent on the table.

I think a smaller tablecloth in a solid color (white or blue or black) over that one would look nice - then the pattern would frame it, and the soaps would "pop" against the solid background. But I am a nub, so this all may be conjecture....

I actually like the fabric - it's attention getting. And I think with the wooden trays the soaps are displayed on, the soap doesn't get lost in the fabric. I think with a more neutral fabric, the wood of the crates and the trays, and the brown of the labels, would just become one big beige/brown "blah".

Maybe go for some height?

Some pretty color solid tablecloths can be purchased from The Table Cloth Factory quite inexpensive and table cloths are easily laundered, I use black and find I can wipe of most marks that show with a wet wipe. You really want to showcase your product not the table covering. Brown, or any shade of brown, definetly would not work with brown trays. I have 3.5 ft wide boards at different heights that I use for elevation, which I covered with damask patterened table runners for a couple of years. I finally cut up a tablecloth to make board covers and it looks so much better having the same as the tablecoverings.
Also if using chalk boards for signs I would make some and use a different color chalk paint. The black chalk boards go dead in front of the dark brown baskets. It is also very easy to buy sign holders at an office supply and print out pretty signs

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1407949345.356925.jpg

Here are some of the changes I made at my most recent craft show. I really need to work on making the tent space more inviting and "whole" in the future

How about using the blue cloth (or some other) behind the display as a curtain/backdrop? I like the signage better here (despite chalkboard anything making me cringe) because it fits with the theme/tone, and it feels brighter overall. If you have more product, I would consider doing two layers on each pad (simple, but lusciously abundant). If not the cloth backdrop, a banner would be a nice addition (something behind you, anyhow)

Re the chalkboards, just read the comment before mine, and I would suggest sticking with the blue accents you have elsewhere (pale blue pads, blue accent on stand), and pick up some foamcore that you can cover with a pale blue/grey fabric or paint some inexpensive frames - although to be honest they don't disappear quite as dramatically as they could, as the theme allows for the low contrast quite well.

Last edited:
I like this. You do need more product to display. I try to make my display look abundant and not limited. A banner in blues/brown would set it off nicely.

another thought....maybe blue cloth liners in the upper baskets or a runner on the top of the crates. That lovely smoky blue of the soap stand is a nice colour - not overwhelming, and pleasant with the browns and tans.

your most recent one looks much better than the first! way to go!!!

I've never set up a shop, but have been to MANY markets, and what I've noticed about your new one is there's not really another pop of colour. you don't have to use the blue cloth you had before, but maybe a bunch of flowers from another vendor (I'm assuming you're at a farmer's market and not just a craft market) in a small mason jar on top of a crate just to give a pop of colour?

I like the idea of using my old table cloth as a curtain. And I am all for using different price signs, I just can't figure out how to make them wind-proof as well as high enough to be visible. I like those price signs that sit up high, but I can't find them online.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410194307.725671.jpg
I got this banner from printrunner, cheap and quick. I try to use a different tablecloth that coordinates with the seasons.

I like your setup!

I find that saying "Hi" or "Good Morning" helps to draw people in. I used to do a farmers market, and just by saying "Good Morning" I used to get people to stop and often buy. It was a no-hawking farmers market, which is fine by me. I find that just engaging people when they walk by went a long way.

I like the idea of using my old table cloth as a curtain. And I am all for using different price signs, I just can't figure out how to make them wind-proof as well as high enough to be visible. I like those price signs that sit up high, but I can't find them online.

Not too sure what you mean by "those price signs that sit up high", but here's something I do. Take a length of wire and a small wooden block (you could also use polymer clay or an apple or a bar of soap, whatever you can stick the wire into), and make a spiral at the other end and insert a piece of card stock in it, with the price. Hope I've explained that well enough for you to visualize it. I don't do prices like that, but I put suggestions like, "Makes a great stocking stuffer!", and other ideas of why soap makes a great gift. They kind of "float" above the display, making them easily visible. Does that help?

Latest posts

Back