How do you keep your lotion bars and body butters cool

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalgirl

Reaction score
Hi,
This will be my first year selling lotion bars and body butters at summer events. How do you keep them cool? I would like to have them on display but I don't want them to melt. I do a 65% shea whipped butter and my lotion bars are cocoa butter, beeswax and almond oil. So far I haven't had any problems with them melting when I put on the shrink wrap bands and the heat from the dryer. I've seen people with mini fridges with glass doors but I don't think I want to make the investment, plus I don't want to pay for electricity. What is your experience?
Thanks!
Opalgirl

I knoiw some people will keep them in a cooler and ust have 1 out on the table for display. I don't think, personaly, I would sel la product that my customer might not be able to get one in good shape. It may be in a cooler at your table, but what happens when your customer buys a butter, drops it down in the bottom of her purse, walks around a bit more & it melts all over her wallet, checkbook and new $200.00 purse?

I'm thinking I'm not going to sell these products if the temp gets over 85. Fortunately the farmer's market I attend ends at 12.

If you decide to sel them ,make sure you take ziplock sandwich bags to place them in after they have been sold & let your customers know they will melt if left ina warm area.

Latest posts

Back