How Do You Keep From Going Nose Blind?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGecko

Reaction score
I made a large batch of Bath Salts, four different scents.

I made one batch of Lotion Bars; five different scents.

And I made one batch of soap.

The soap and the Bath Salts are easy...they have color, but the Lotion Bars are 'natural' and since I changed my mind of what scents to you for the last two, I didn't write them down.

And it doesn't help that I'm making more soap. So far I have Indian Sandalwood and Coffee House (OMG it smells so good), next is Oats & Honey and Amazing Grace.

Yep, coffee works pretty well to reset your nose.

Not much can be done to prevent nose burnout. Maybe get some fresh air between scenting sessions or open a window if possible.

Thank you. I will try the coffee ground trick.

I did bag up the Lotion Bars and will try to smell them again in a couple of days.

Coffee does work. I keep a couple small containers on my tables at shows. However, just recently (3 weeks now), I seem to have lost all sense of smell and taste. Waiting to get into an ENT to find out what's going on. I'm so sad as I have a bunch of new fragrances and I can't smell any of them. I haven't made soap since last March and don't anticipate getting to make any until mid-November. But can't smell......

I'm so sad as I have a bunch of new fragrances and I can't smell any of them.
WHOA! That's really sad, Shari. I hope there's an easy fix for the problem. Cross fingers.
Cross Fingers.jpg

Coffee does work. I keep a couple small containers on my tables at shows. However, just recently (3 weeks now), I seem to have lost all sense of smell and taste. Waiting to get into an ENT to find out what's going on. I'm so sad as I have a bunch of new fragrances and I can't smell any of them. I haven't made soap since last March and don't anticipate getting to make any until mid-November. But can't smell......

oh no!!!! hope its an easy fix, good luck!!!

However, just recently (3 weeks now), I seem to have lost all sense of smell and taste. Waiting to get into an ENT to find out what's going on. I'm so sad as I have a bunch of new fragrances and I can't smell any of them. I haven't made soap since last March and don't anticipate getting to make any until mid-November. But can't smell......

I am so very sorry to hear that. I hope it's nothing more serious than your 'smell' having gone on vacation.

Latest posts

Back