How do you cut your soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@AliOop i have seen you mention destash several times, but when I look online a ton of sites come up. Do you have a particular online destash that you use? The ones I found are mostly centered on fabrics
I run a destash on Facebook, and help mod another on Facebook. I did see someone post recently on one of them (can't remember which) where they were selling a multibar cutter.

I started with a ruler and a cleaver, then quickly moved on to a cheese slicer that I slightly modified. It is only because I was able to pick up a Bud's Single Bar Cutter really cheap from a destash that I bought one AND only because I would be selling my soap.

If I was only making soap for 'home'...I would still be using the cheese slicer.

I can cut a 5lb loaf fairly quickly with a Single Bar Cutter, so unless I am needing to cut several hundred bars I simply can't justify the expense.
That's the brand I bought! Love Bud's Workshop! It was a pricey new purchase but, WHAT a time saver.

i just cut up some 15% pine tar soap into bars last week
my little fudge cutter is visible at the end of the table in the middle
out of 68 bars i later noticed i goofed on one that's obviously V-shaped
9MOpAz.png
It does look like fudge!

I run a destash on Facebook, and help mod another on Facebook. I did see someone post recently on one of them (can't remember which) where they were selling a multibar cutter.
Ah that makes sense. For my mental health I had to delete my Facebook years ago, so that’s probably why I can’t find anything

Ah that makes sense. For my mental health I had to delete my Facebook years ago, so that’s probably why I can’t find anything
It's easy to get caught up in social media. I only have one account and that is FB. My 'friends' are folks that I actually know and/or have contact on a regular basis. Every New Year's I review my 'friends' list and if we haven't talked or chatted at least once in the last year...I delete them. I limit the number of 'groups' I belong...I have maybe a dozen. Most of them are 'information' groups...like my local "Happenings", "Weather/Closures" and "Garage Sales" and a few 'destash' pages.

I control technology...it doesn't control me.

Same! But if you have a friend who is on FB, ask that friend to find it for you. That's what I do. In exchange, she gets lots of lotion bars, soaps, etc. :)

Really the only friends I have on facebook are family and actual friends. I have a few fellow vendors on there are my page but I always warn them ahead of time that they may not like what they see so to be aware that I have a big mouth. I have a facebook page for business. And yes, I even share silly things on my facebook page like cat videos. The customers want to know you, not just your products but I don't feel comfortable with them knowing all my personal business.

There are other places to fine destash like this forum but it's not nearly as busy.

Wire cutter for me was the way to go as it saves a ton of time and I get consistent size. I purchase mine on Etsy and it cuts 11 bars 1-1/8". You can order your cutter to whatever width you prefer. I also purchased a single wire cutter to which I don't use as much but it come in handy on special orders and if someone what's it different width of bar as mine has stop which is adjustable so you can choose what size to cut.

Yeah - but the PRICE! Hundreds of dollars
Yep, my husband generously offered to pay for a multi-cutter for me. I found them on Etsy, none in Australia so I ended up buying one from a guy in Croatia who makes them. In my frenzied excitement I didn't realise that I had selected the 2cm one instead of the 2.5cm one. It cost close to $400 Aussie buckaroos for that baby and I can't tell you the disappointment I felt when I cut my first loaf and realised how skinny 2cm is 😭

Latest posts

Back