How do you cover soap mold?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

BeeButter

Reaction score
How do you cover your soap mold so you don't squish the pretty design on top?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I don't cover my soap but you can use a box, just turn it upside down over the mold.

navigator9

Reaction score
If you have a styrofoam cooler that your mold will fit into, that works too. My loaf molds don't fit, but I usually put my smaller, decorative molds in a cooler. It holds the heat in very nicely.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turn another mold upside down over the top and cover the whole thing with thick beach towels.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do as Susie does or use a large flat, not a real high sided one, plastic tote that will hold my soap mold, put the lid on and cover with a blanket.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have a high top and just want to cover with plastic wrap, I tent the wrap by strategically putting toothpicks as my posts where I know my cuts will be (so festive).

Nevada

Reaction score
If you are covering to avoid ash just spritz some rubbing alcohol (on the soap not you)

aprice522

Reaction score
I have never had alcohol stop ash. I simply leave the ash or wash it off
Me either!!!

I have had VERY ashy stuff but just realized that from all my reading that it has been from the "ungelled" ness of my soaps. I have been using silicon and the ash is the worst on the individual silicon molds and the milk/honey I just did have not developed ash....Now I understand the draw of the CPOP for silicon and for the wooden molds! Guess I should hit the scrap pile in the barn to find me something to build a mold with! :)