Quantcast

How do you choose?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

pepperi27

Reaction score
Even if soaping is a hobby how do you choose which fo's you should try? Do you look at bestsellers or just pick the ones you like? I usually pick the ones I like but so far I'm trying to venture out and pick what others make like. I've heard of people making soaps and things that the scent makes them gag?

Chay

Reaction score
I choose scents based on the name and/or description, a suggestion from friend/family/customer, or a scent that I have smelled and liked. Once I receive the FO/EO I soap it regardless of my first sniff impression from the bottle. Then I give it to my testers for feedback. Some of my biggest sellers I personally do not care for, but they're popular with customers.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I watch for trends w/i my our customer demographics and order samples based on what is selling hot that also appeals to me. I won't make up bulk in an item if I don't personally love the scent or would wear it. I will make custom items for customers in scents I am not in love* with but I have to at least like it. I do a couple testers as well that have likes similar but differnt than mine & when in ddoubt I take it to them for a broader preferance base. My husband like spicy earthy scents while my best friend likes florals, water scents & perfumes so they are my experst in that area. If it's too perfumey scent or a hard floral I will just straight out tell my customer I am sensitive to the scent & offer an alternative. I would never use a scent that made me gag or that I really disliked.

I PMed you a secret.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Ahh ok so I need some family testers with a preference LOL. That's what i'm not doing and will find some!

Latest posts