How do I make a rolled candle?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candyripper

Reaction score
I've seen it done with beeswax sheets. But I recently saw it done with some other kind of wax that I haven't been able to find out what type. I tried it with soy pillar wax and failed because I couldn't reach an even point to where it was solid but workable. If anyone can help me out with this that would be awesome. The picture of it is below.

1441297073889.jpg

Those look very interesting.

I honestly don't have any really good advice to give but, the only thing that came to mind was actually using a heat gun to soften sections of wax. You will want to use a wax that has some give. I don't think soy wax will work for a candle like this since its very hard and brittle. You may want to try a paraffin based wax. I really don't have a lot of experience with wax itself so I cant give a recommendation for a type of wax that would be good.

I would think you need a wax that goes pliable before it melts. Unfortunate soy definitely doesn't do that.

Another thought I had was that it wasn't actually rolled wax and those are just poured candles that were poured into a mold to make it look like they were rolled.

ETA: Oh, here you go:

http://www.candletech.com/candle-making/tutorials/cinnamon-roll-candles/

I found this tutorial by searching "rolled wax candle -beeswax"

Last edited:
Back