How do I make a CP soap batter that wont seize........................

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadken123

Reaction score
Hey guys-
I need help! I'm trying to make mini soaps(0.5 oz/ea).I want to make 100 mini soaps at a time. I have 5 silicone molds with 20 individual slots in each one.My problem is my soap seizes about 1/2 thru the mold filling process.Before I can finish my batter has turned thicker and I have to force it into each 0.5 oz slot.Is there a way to make my batter thinner so I can just fill all the mold's with a thinner batter? I use coconut oil(76)/palm oil RBD and pomace olive oil and 5% super fat.

Thanks for ANY suggestions
Ken

Start pouring while only just at emulsion. If you do this the soap will be pourable longer. As long as it at stable emulsion, it will not separate.
Thanks earlene.Is there a way to add more water to the recipe and just have a longer cure time?

Oh, I missed that about the pomace! If you just change to regular olive oil, that will give you a whole lot more time!

I can make Castile soap without ever using a stick blender when I use pomace and have it ready to pour into the molds within 5 minutes of starting to stir. It just moves really fast. It's not called seizing; it's called moving fast toward the gel phase.

Anyway, yes, you can also use more water, but it all depends on how much water you are already using. Too much water will give you problems. You are really better off replacing your fast moving oils with slow moving oils and keeping your temperatures as cool as possible for the oils in your recipe.

Back