How do I make a CP soap batter that wont seize........................

Discussion in 'Lye-Based Soap Forum' started by deadken123, Jun 23, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jun 23, 2019 #1

deadken123

deadken123

deadken123

Hey guys-
    I need help! I'm trying to make mini soaps(0.5 oz/ea).I want to make 100 mini soaps at a time. I have 5 silicone molds with 20 individual slots in each one.My problem is my soap seizes about 1/2 thru the mold filling process.Before I can finish my batter has turned thicker and I have to force it into each 0.5 oz slot.Is there a way to make my batter thinner so I can just fill all the mold's with a thinner batter? I use coconut oil(76)/palm oil RBD and pomace olive oil and 5% super fat.

Thanks for ANY suggestions
    Ken

2. Jun 23, 2019 #2

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Start pouring while only just at emulsion. If you do this the soap will be pourable longer. As long as it at stable emulsion, it will not separate.

3. Jun 23, 2019 #3

deadken123

deadken123

deadken123

Thanks earlene.Is there a way to add more water to the recipe and just have a longer cure time?

4. Jun 23, 2019 #4

steffamarie

steffamarie

steffamarie

Palm always makes my soaps trace fast. And I think lots of people have issues with their pomace speeding up trace as well.

deadken123 likes this.
  5. Jun 23, 2019 #5

dibbles

dibbles

dibbles

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Palm and pomace always speed things up. Once my original pomace was used up, I didn't ever buy more. Maybe try regular olive oil to see if that helps.

deadken123 likes this.
  6. Jun 23, 2019 #6

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I missed that about the pomace! If you just change to regular olive oil, that will give you a whole lot more time!

I can make Castile soap without ever using a stick blender when I use pomace and have it ready to pour into the molds within 5 minutes of starting to stir. It just moves really fast. It's not called seizing; it's called moving fast toward the gel phase.

Anyway, yes, you can also use more water, but it all depends on how much water you are already using. Too much water will give you problems. You are really better off replacing your fast moving oils with slow moving oils and keeping your temperatures as cool as possible for the oils in your recipe.

meena.shah and deadken123 like this.