How Do I Get Candle Dye Out Of My Clothes???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or is it even possible? Last night I was making wax melt tarts, added color and didn't screw the top on the bottle. I reached for something and my sleeve caught the bottle and over it went. I REALLY irritate myself sometimes! :mad: Got it all cleaned up from the counter and floor without a problem but it splashed on my clothes and soaked the towel I had under my melting pitcher.

I did a google search and it keeps trying to divert me from removing candle dye to candle wax. One site I found for general odd stains says to use WD 40. It did really well to DISPERSE the color, lol. So what was a concentrated drop is now a diluted 4" area of color.

I don't know what the chemical composition is of candle dye except that it's not water soluble. Maybe oil based? It's beading in water is all I can say. I'll leave an email with Peak to see if they have any suggestions but they won't be in until Monday. I assume the longer it sits, the harder it will be to remove.

TIA to anyone that has suggestions!

I typically work with soap, but used to do candle making with wax based candle dye. I'm assuming your dye is wax based (soy, beeswax, parrafin etc?). Either way, I've found Goo Gone to be invaluable in getting stains out. They make specific products for fabric stains but I've used regular goo gone for oil based and wax based stains. You can run a google search on "goo gone for fabric stain removal, " and check the goo gone product website and I like this website:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back