How do I add menthol?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wearytraveler

Reaction score
I'm looking to add a little menthol to my next batch and I'm fully aware that the feel of menthol is subjective to individuals but since this soap is for me I'm looking to see how it feels. I'm not looking for a very strong menthol, just enough so it gives a light, cooling sensation. My question is about adding the menthol. Do I add to the FO and add the mix as usual? Do I add to the oils after/before lye water? Do I add to lye water? I'll be working with menthol crystals that will dissolve in water or oil and any advise will be appreciated.

I add it to my other EOs. Weigh them out and add the crystals. If you have clumps, you need more time for them to dissolve. Since my menthol is a year old, I have lots of larger chunks, so I weigh my EOs out the night before into a jar I can close, then add the chunks and cover tightly until ready to use.

Awesome idea. I have fast dissolving crystals but I'll use the idea for sure.
Thanks!

I add it to my other EOs. Weigh them out and add the crystals. If you have clumps, you need more time for them to dissolve. Since my menthol is a year old, I have lots of larger chunks, so I weigh my EOs out the night before into a jar I can close, then add the chunks and cover tightly until ready to use.

Latest posts

Back