How did you find us?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you find us?

• Total voters
I was a member of The Dish Forum for many years. I got involved in other things for a while, and when I searched for it on Google, this place turned up!

A soaper friend mentioned it. I joined, but I am so busy with working full time and soaper, I didn't have much time to participate. I am trying to fix that!! lol

Honestly I can't remember! I'm sure I stumbled upon it quite by accident, but happy I did! My best guess is from hearing it mentioned on a soaping Facebook page.

Honestly, I was looking for the Dish forum, only to find out it's no longer active. Some further poking around led me here. I'm not new to soaping but have been out of the game for many years. Considering reviving my business to a smaller degree than what it was then. I'm too old to devote my time entirely to anything. Thank you for accepting my sign up. How active is this forum?

Honestly, I was looking for the Dish forum, only to find out it's no longer active. Some further poking around led me here. I'm not new to soaping but have been out of the game for many years. Considering reviving my business to a smaller degree than what it was then. I'm too old to devote my time entirely to anything. Thank you for accepting my sign up. How active is this forum?
It's pretty active.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the Forums page, you'll see about 500 participants show up on a daily basis, approx. 10% of which are members... the rest are scardy-cat lurkers. haha Welcome!

My daughter found you all and told me about you. I hope to find more knowledge for my soap making.
Welcome, Kiti! Please take a moment to tell us a little about you and your soapmaking experience and anything else you would care to share on the Introduction Forum (see link below). This helps us to help you with any problems you encounter as well as sharing in the pride and joy of your accomplishments!

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/the-introduction-forum.16/

Last edited:
I am 58 years young and have been making soap for 1.6 years, I think. I would have to do a deep dive on FB to really know. I mainly make shampoo bars, tailored to the individual, but I also make laundry soap and bar soap for my family's use.
I got into soap making with the laundry soap, because my family has freaky sensitive skin. We wanted a soap that would clean the clothes and not make us break out in a rash. I could not find a commercial soap to do the job so I went online and looked for a recipe to make it. My daughter also started to make her own shampoo around that time, she made hers to a recipe that used a bar of soap and then oils and such. She never wrote down what she did so she could not get a reliable batch. I loved this shampoo and wanted to make my own, so I found Soap Making 101 on YouTube and I was off!

I made my first shampoo bars in a mega ice cube tray that had a silicone bottom, they were hard to release, but I got 9 & 3/4 bars. I then started a test group to see how this worked for others. I also made a Castiel soap and let it sit the min of 6 months to ripen. I love this and will keep the Big Batch recipe. I did want the soap to be bright neon blue, but the lye mix turned it to purple. No problem, it works. I did up some scented bars and found that the Lily of the Valley was the best one. The others just didn't deliver for some reason. I branched out into Lotion Bars around Christmas last year, they went over big time! My last 2 batches of shampoo bars went bad. I think it is because I assumed that Potassium Hydroxide and Sodium Hydroxide were interchangeable. I bought a liquid soap making book to see if I can save the batches. I did order some of the "right" lye. It should be here today, it can only be shipped via truck, and I will need to sign for it.

That's about it. I am also a fiber artist and a professional actor! Who says your life is over when you become disabled and old?

Latest posts

Back