How can I make this kind of soap at home?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jones10021

Reaction score
Just got this great soap from a company called Best Bath Store, Does anyone know how I can make soap like this at home? I tried melting some of their soap to reform into a mold but it didn't come out very good :([/url]

Their site doesn't really say but it looks like what I call "natural soap," made from animal/vegetable fats/oils combined with lye (sodium hydroxide, NaOH) in either a cold process (CP) or hot process (HP) and possibly milled (grated or ground up and remixed then molded). If you want to make soap like that your best bet is to ask about CP or HP soap. Most are using CP to make their "natural" soaps (excluding those melt and pour "M&P" enthusiasts).

Tabitha said:
Everything you ant to know about making soaps similar to the ones you mention, you can find here: Miller's Homemade Soap Pages

Link fixed (see quote). Everybody likes Kathy Miller's helpful pages, arguably the best how to make soap site on the Internet. I keep going back there and rereading her site!

I have got 2 computers at home & it never works when I make a link on this forum when I use one of the 2. It works 100% on the other :? . Wonder why?

I feel silly now! I called them and talked to them and it is what you guys called cold process soap it's not melt and pour, but they told me they also don't use any animal fat only vegetable oils. I'll look into this website you guys sent me but I'm afraid I won't be able to do this in my apartment... lye seems scary!

You do have an option. Just like you tried to do, melting the soap & reforning it, you can do what is called rebatching. I have never done it, but I know you can find out how w/ a little research. Basicly, you shred CP, mush it up w/ a little water & reform it. Like I said, I have never done it, but you might like to research that a little bit.

You can actually buy all natural M&P and even organic M&P. It is SFIC brand if you would like to look into that. It's a very differnt product from CP but you may want to play a bit w/ that.

Latest posts

Back