How can I color my soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npsmama

Reaction score
..preferably by using kitchen ingredients or stuff in the garden maybe?

thanks

well you can use food coloring.

I have seen a supplier demostrate that.. its within these recipes you will find your answer about food coloring.

annatto powder its like a redish color

Good Luck :)

So far I've used tumeric, which comes up a lovely orange colour.

Also pink clay, which comes out peach coloured.

Green Tea infusion instead of just plain water and fruit teas which colour nice pastel tones.

thank you - lots of fun ahead!!

BTW, Cathy, I had already found your site and I think it is wonderful. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

Thanks!

If you have any suggestions about what other information I should be adding to my site, I'de love to hear it. Would be great to have other peoples perspectives and ideas. :D

Soap coloring

It may sound kinda weird but, I have mint and chives growing in My back yard. I usually use the mint and make a slight paste crushing the mint and some distilled water, this will not only give you a green tint to the soap but should also give you the smell as well. I have tried this with other projects and can not tell you what will exactly happen for soap making. But hey it may be worth the try.

anhoki said:
Cocoa powder is AWESOME!!! I love it.

Don't you find that it bleeds out? I was using it a lot, in the beginning, but I got so I couldn't stand that funky smells it leaves. The smell just dominates. Then, my soaps would bleed brown no matter how small of an amount I would use.

Latest posts

Back