Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loqueris

Reaction score
Hey all,

First time posting here. Hoping someone can help!

I make and sell a natural deodorant product that’s coconut oil based. Currently, I melt all the ingredients in a large boiler and then hand pour the semi-viscous solution into the individual containers. It’s effective, but tedious and not really scalable.

I bought a large boiler with a valve and spout at the bottom, hoping I could fill containers from the spout one by one. But even when the solution is fairly hot/thin, the spout clogs up after a few pours.

I feel like there must be a better way to do this! I’ve looked at hot filling machines on eBay and alibaba but they’re short on details as to how they actually work.

Has anyone had any experience using a hot filling machine?

Essentially what I’m looking for is the following: 1. A large boiler into which I mix and melt my ingredients. 2. Some mechanism within this that keeps the solutions stirring (though I could stir by hand if I have to). 3. A “gun” of some sort that allows me to dispense the solution into individual containers (this would have a heated hose and valve, I would think.)

Am I crazy for looking for such a thing? Am I stuck hand pouring forever? It doesn’t seem like this is a complicated machine but I can’t seem to find it!

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

John

Hi John, and welcome!

I don't make deodorant (yet) but I use a deodorant type container for a soy-wax-based balm for pain relief. Once made, I put the batch in a ZipLoc bag, snip the corner and pipe it into a tube, set on a scale. Lo-tech for sure, but I only make a dozen at a time.

HTH :)

Latest posts

Back