Hot and cold process in one soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ugeauxgirl

Reaction score
I made a really ugly bar of "meat" soap and was looking at confetti soap to fix it. I saw a bar that was a solid pink on the bottom and white with pink shreds on top. Could I rebatch the pink soap (HP) for the bottom and put more pink shreds in CP batter for the top? Will it separate?

Never made HP or rebatched, so this is just a guess… but I would think if it was all molded at the same time and the HP part was still warm and textured the CP would flow through all the nooks and crannies and hold tight.

I made a really ugly bar of "meat" soap and was looking at confetti soap to fix it. I saw a bar that was a solid pink on the bottom and white with pink shreds on top. Could I rebatch the pink soap (HP) for the bottom and put more pink shreds in CP batter for the top? Will it separate?
I wanna see the meat soap! lol

There's several of us here who ended up with meat soap. One of mine looked like Corned beef... And I sold the latest one in Christmas gift sets along with lotion bar "cheese" and I even called it hamon (ham) lol

Did you use micas or natural colorants? Sometimes the colors change a bit or fade over time and they don't look like meat anymore, but are awesome to use.

Rebatched soap generally has a little extra water in it, so it will probably cure at a different rate than the new CP soap that is poured on top, which could caused warping or separation.

I'd shred all the pink. Make a new batch of CP, and color half of it pink for the bottom layer. Add an accelerating fragrance so it starts to set up quickly when poured. Then add the pink shreds to your uncolored batter, and pour it gently over the bottom half. My two cents, YMMV.

Whatever you do, we'd love to see how it turns out. :)

Since no one seems to have done it, I'm going to have to try it- with a part of the rebatch. Will do most of it CP. I do love an experiment! Will post the results.

Yes, I have done it before, but I suggest melting your rebatch in the oven. By using the oven your soap will meltdown much better and be more liquid than using a crockpot. Also, you can keep your rebatched soap soft in the oven, (covered), while you make your cp batch with your shreds. You can then pour both layers when you are ready. This way you have less chance of the two layers separating.

Oven rebatch sounds like the way to go to me as well. Prepare the CP batter, and add the confetti. Then take the rebatch soap out of the oven and plop it into the new mould. Spritz with water or rubbing alcohol to soften the interface/counteract film formation. Then comes the CP/confetti batter. (If you're crazy, you could even try a simple hanger swirl.) Finally, place it back into the oven for a thorough CPOP (gel-phase welding, lol).

And, most importantly, don't forget to brag about it, with handsome pics for us!

Let's hope that the joint is strong enough to withstand the different moisture content/shrinking rates.

@ResolvableOwl good idea. I hadn't thought about the alcohol. was thinking about using a bit more water in the CP soap, both to approximate the extra water in the HP and to accommodate the shreds better. Will let you know how that goes

Ok, I did it. I did the oven rebatch- came out pretty good. I put half on the bottom of a 1lb square mold and let it cool for a minute or two. I sprayed with alcohol and poured the confetti mix (CP plus shreds) on top of the oven rebatch layer. Covered and insulated. Then I poured the rest of the confetti mix in another mold. Will post the results tomorrow...

All right, here it is...
PXL_20211222_225836561.MP.jpg

The soap on the right is the one I did and didn't like. The FO was much too floral for me. Also ugly! The one in the back is HP rebatch on the bottom and CP confetti on the top. It's still a little floral, but appears fused well. I'll try it after the cure and let you know if it breaks apart after use. It did gel.

The one on the left is CP confetti. I scented it with an orange FO. It smells very nice- you can still smell a bit of the floral but it's no longer overpowering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back