HoneyBunches of soap - new pic

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodi

Reaction score
I call this batch (which is OMH scent) 'Honeybunch'. Are these pics too small? I can enlarge them a bit.

Here's the log, with its caramel-colored top (soon each bar will turn caramel-color):

HoneyBLog.JPG

Peeling off the lexan is very easy when the soap doesn't stick : (please ignore the dark pool in center, which shows partial gel....from a covered mold in a cold basement).

HoneyBPeel.JPG

Cutting the log with my handy-dandy paint scraper tool, in DH's homemade cutting box-thing:

HoneyBCut.JPG

Weighing each bar: (I try to make them each 4.2 to 4.5 ounces, but they never come out all the same.

HoneyBWeigh.JPG

and drying them overnight on the racks, before they move to the cage.

HoneyB30.JPG

and in case you've never seen my soap "cage" (mouseproof), the door and walls of which are covered with heavy guage steel mesh:

SoapCage.JPG

Very cool set-up!
Thanks for showing us. I like that soapcutter your hubby made. Wish mine was handy like that.
Usually when I start talking about soap, his eyes just sort of glaze over..

Lovin up on that big long mould.
Hope it smells as good as it looks.

Great idea with the mesh doors.

Drooling... :D The soap looks lovely and I love your mold and cutter and "cage"!

WOW WOW WOW, that's some super impressive equipment you have there! no wonder you make great soap :)

thanks for sharing (and fuelling my addiction for a soaping space)

Thanks for your nice comments! If I get a chance to clean up down there a bit more, I'll show you the rest of my setup. I've been soaping down in the basement laundry room for 11 years now....sheesh, can't believe it's been that long. Time is speeding by so very quickly.
I wish I had found this hobby earlier in my life.

I do sell, but don't much like the selling part. However, getting cash for the soap (I don't make a big profit) pays for the oils and scents which I love, and which fuels me to keep on going. Besides, my family all enjoy the soap and count on it now.

I only make soap when I want to nowadays, but am on nearing my 700th batch this week. (each batch is either 15 bars of 30 bars). That IS a lotta soap!

WOW, that is a lot of soap. yep, would love to see more pics of your soap room :)

SD, i hear ya, surely my car doesn't need a garage right?

Woodi said:
I only make soap when I want to nowadays, but am on nearing my 700th batch this week. (each batch is either 15 bars of 30 bars). That IS a lotta soap!

Love the photos,especially the top one ITM, might have to get hubby to make a cutter like that one :).You'll just have to wash 3 x a day to use up all that soap :lol: .

Yeah!!!! sure hoping for more pics Woodi :D :D :D love the name for your soap...................and as for that hubby of yours be careful I just dont come and pinch him.......LOL just kidding. How spoiled you are to have such a wonderfully creative husband

You're right, Lyn, I am totally spoiled.

He initially created the SoapMaker program as a spreadsheet, just for me!.....if I hadn't bragged about it and shared it all over the forums (with those who owned Excel), there wouldn't be a program today. It's still selling slowly but steadily, all over the world. He has customers in Japan, Iceland, Africa even! He exclaims aloud to me the unusual places (otherwise he is a non-talkative, very quiet person).

and he is also a very patient and dedicated worker, who will spend all kinds of his time to help a single individual, no matter how unskilled they may be with computers (there are still some of those around, believe it or not....) as well as helping other people build physical things.

He also makes great furniture (when he had the time) although it takes forever to complete cuz he's a perfectionist. It took him two months to design and build a ladder for a monk who needed it to climb to the loft in his 'kuti' (small cabins in the woods which these monks sleep and meditate in).

However, there is a downside to having such a husband: everybody wants a piece of his time, and he gives it generously. So many's the day I have felt like a widow.

Good thing I have soap, and soapmaking friends, to keep me company!

Wow, sooo jealous! :wink: My hubby's eyes glaze over in just that way when I start talking soap lol. I've even tried to get him interested in making me molds and cutters, and no go there too :(

Nice to see the pic of the lexan though, I've really been thinking about trying some liners like that.

Don't forget it took us 11 years to get it this far, and no further. Some soapers have made businesses out of their soapmaking, so I don't find my little hobby workshop all that impressive. I don't have a real business personality.

Woodi said:
Don't forget it took us 11 years to get it this far, and no further. Some soapers have made businesses out of their soapmaking, so I don't find my little hobby workshop all that impressive. I don't have a real business personality.

Well, I find the whole thing impressive. I think those of us cleaning up our kitchens constantly would love to have a space dedicated to soaping.

I've looked at your software before, (nice to meet you :) ) congratulations on it becoming so huge! I'm sure it's a fantastic tool to have and I would love to try it someday.
I wish you much continued success!

I can't get over your soap cage...amazing! I just showed my husband the pic and said "I want this for Christmas"...he just looked away and acted like he was watching TV...the funny thing is that the TV is on "What Not To Wear"...nice try hubby!

Love your set up!!!!!!!!

Back