Honey Soap..And a silly question!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waychie

Reaction score
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

I went abit honey happy :oops: it just started to crack so I whacked it in the fridge, hopefully its saved

My question is (err silly :oops: ) the honey is still abit sticky on the top, is there anything I can do to harden it? Maybe pop it in the oven? I may have used abit too much :oops:

x

:shock: Ooooh, rachel, that's one honey of a pretty batch of soap! :shock:

it's not a dumb question, as i've never come accross this issue either!

when i add honey i fully incorporate it into the soap. never tried drizzling it on top.

perhaps the soap may absorb it somewhat as it dries?

IMHO-i'm guessing that it's going to stay somewhat tacky. i would completely cure the soap and maybe wrap with some waxed paper if it is still tacky.

i would think that it wouldn't have as long a shelf life as honey may attract mold. i believe heat & humidity would become your biggest challenge.

maybe as it ages it will crystallize. i would leave it unwrapped as long as i could.

anyway, i'm sure it's still great soap, and that it'll be wonderful in the bath! what a treat for dry skin! :D

It is gorgeous soap waychie.
When Ive added a bit too much honey,the brown ooze does reabsorb,but Im not so sure about so much sitting in the one place.Bet it smells heavenly :)

That is beautiful soap , well done . Even though it would break my heart to have to do it , if the honey doesn't reabsorb , as a last resort ,you could cut the tops off :shock: ( I know ) to save the soap .I would wait and see what happens though.

Gorgeous !

Kitn

Wow, Waychie those are super pretty!! I've never seen anyone do honey on the top, so I think think you may be a pioneer!!! lol.

oh that is super pretty!

I also incorporate my stuff all the way, I would let it sit and see what it does.

That looks like ice cream with caramel...yum!

That is so super pretty!!!

I would imagine though, even if the honey hardened somehow - once it touches water it will begin to liquify and probaby the shower sticky?

It's so beautiful, looks good enough to eat. l'm envious, my honey soaps have never turned out that good! How much did you put in, if you don't mind me asking? :)

OMG! that looks like the most delicious fudge I have ever seen!!!

I say this one wins the "soap-I'd-most-like-to-eat" award!
Beauty! :p

Back