Honey, Oats and Goat Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am having too much fundo! My daughters are sending me molds from Amazon since I made the cacti soap LOL. I made this with the soy wax recipe.. I added some oats and then decided to go ahead and see what honey might do with that weird combo and it worked! I'm pretty anxious to try it. I'm going to try the "kitty" molds that arrived yesterday from another daughter. If I keep showing them pictures, who knows, maybe I'll have more molds show up in my mail!!

Attachments

• honey, oats and goat milk bees soap (2).jpg
    honey, oats and goat milk bees soap (2).jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 30
I am having too much fundo! My daughters are sending me molds from Amazon since I made the cacti soap LOL. I made this with the soy wax recipe.. I added some oats and then decided to go ahead and see what honey might do with that weird combo and it worked! I'm pretty anxious to try it. I'm going to try the "kitty" molds that arrived yesterday from another daughter. If I keep showing them pictures, who knows, maybe I'll have more molds show up in my mail!!

Daughters are so thoughtful! Well, my sons are, too, but not to this extent! It is wonderful they have honored you y honoring your passion.

Clever lady! 😁

ETA: I'm drawn to this little piggie mold, I hope they see it and get it for you.

View attachment 57291
That would go over BIG in my town! You have NO IDEA!
But nowhere on the listing can I find the actual size of the end product (grams, ounces, whatever.) I wonder how big that little piggy is.

Haha. Actually, Earlene, I DO! I was born in Rock Island, IL and grew up in the Quad Cities! Trips across the Mississippi were fairly regular and I lived in Davenport when I was first married. I miss Muscatine melons! 😁
But nowhere on the listing can I find the actual size of the end product (grams, ounces, whatever.) I wonder how big that little piggy is.
I agree. But I've seen the puppies & dogs in real life and my guess would be 100g / 3.5 oz. or less. My problem is, those molds are pricey so I'm wondering how many of each @Basil bought to make her lovely succulents shown in this thread.

Haha. Actually, Earlene, I DO! I was born in Rock Island, IL and grew up in the Quad Cities! Trips across the Mississippi were fairly regular and I lived in Davenport when I was first married. I miss Muscatine melons! 😁

I agree. But I've seen the puppies & dogs in real life and my guess would be 100g / 3.5 oz. or less. My problem is, those molds are pricey so I'm wondering how many of each @Basil bought to make her lovely succulents shown in this thread.
Oh, yes. I forgot! You probably have seen the piggy statues around town then. My MIL's face is on one of them, of which she oft complained due to the anotomical placement. Her sons, however, think it's hilarious.

Attachments

• 1621196251901.png
    1621196251901.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 21
Daughters are so thoughtful! Well, my sons are, too, but not to this extent! It is wonderful they have honored you y honoring your passion.

@earlene I'll let you know if my daughters send it my way LOL. Yes, my daughters are super encouraging and they never have to buy soap again!
Oh, yes. I forgot! You probably have seen the piggy statues around town then. My MIL's face is on one of them, of which she oft complained due to the anotomical placement. Her sons, however, think it's hilarious.
@earlene I bought one set of each cacti molds. The larger ones had 4 molds and I got a different set of 3 small one and 5 small ones.
I'm going to be making a lot of future cacti and succulents 😂
Amazon.com: Succulent Cactus Silicone Mold Cactus Floral, Succulent Plants Flower Glycerin Handmade Soap 3D Mold, Silicone Mold, Food Grade Silicone, Suitable for Cake Decoration
Amazon.com: 5 Pack Succulent Silcone Resin Molds, Cactus Epoxy Resin Molds, 3D Flower Casting Molds for Resin Crafts DIY: Arts, Crafts & Sewing
Amazon.com: SAKOLLA Succulent Silicone Mold - 3 Pack Cactus Flower Silicone Molds for Cake Decorating, Handmade Candle, Fondant, Epoxy Resin, Soap: Kitchen & Dining

ETA: I thought it was Earlene that asked that . Glad you showed me how to edit @Zany_in_CO !

Still no info on the piggy but Basil's links:
1st link - 4-cavity large cactus, hold about 3 oz. each.
2nd link - no information that I could see.
3rd link - (3-Pack) the large succulent uses about 2 oz. to fill. The other two each take about 1/2 - 3/4 ounce to fill.

3rd link - (3-Pack) the large succulent uses about 2 oz. to fill. The other two each take about 1/2 - 3/4 ounce to fill.
LOL thanks for checking @Zany_in_CO ! I didn't weigh the little ones, but after I unmold some soap I made yesterday in them I'll double check. But that sounds about right!

I may have to get that piggy...but in Arizona not so popular .. But I'm originally from Illinois so I get it! I was born in Chicago and raised in southern Illinois! I love that state actually but haven't been back there in over 39 years!

Right, the cactus molds @Basil linked in a previous post in a different thread was the same as the second the above post, which is why I asked about weighrts in that thread because the information is not included in the linked mold package.

But in this particular thread, I was wondering about the piggy mold.
Still wondering, so if you do get it, please let us know.

ETA: I just found it. Finished soap 64 grams. That would be too small for me. Okay as a guest soap, though, I guess.

Last edited:
Right, the cactus molds @Basil linked in a previous post in a different thread was the same as the second the above post, which is why I asked about weighrts in that thread because the information is not included in the linked mold package.

But in this particular thread, I was wondering about the piggy mold.

Still wondering, so if you do get it, please let us know.

ETA: I just found it. Finished soap 64 grams. That would be too small for me. Okay as a guest soap, though, I guess.
You beat me! I just found it too and was going to let you know! I guess it could be perched on top of a muddy bar of soap? 😂

The cactus molds are around 3 gm, 9 gm, 19 gm and 44 gm!

Latest posts

Back