Honey, Oats and Goat Milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ETA: I just found it. Finished soap 64 grams. That would be too small for me. Okay as a guest soap, though, I guess.
Embed it into a clear M&P block? Depending on audience, you can also cut those in slices – which might be perceived either with great entertainment, or great disgust, but it will be a strong emotional reaction in any case.

Embed it into a clear M&P block? Depending on audience, you can also cut those in slices – which might be perceived either with great entertainment, or great disgust, but it will be a strong emotional reaction in any case.
There is a soap maker who sells at the farmers market here. Perhaps I'll mention the piggy to her if she hasn't already seen it. I am not inclined to sell, so the fact that it would go over well here might interest her, but the soaps she sells are pretty basic and I suspect she is happy with her niche.

As far as me doing anything with MP, I pretty much prefer to leave it for soapmaking activities with young grandchildren. I am not inclined to make MP soaps on a regular basis; I have been using one lately cut from the Yellow Submarine that granddaughter & I made a few years ago. I am just not a fan of MP soap for my own personal use, and although great novelty that it would be for the folks in my town, I am also not interested in selling..

Finding individual square or rectangular molds the right size to completely immerse the pig embed into proved to be a challenge. Upon searching, I finally found one mold (link) of the right dimensions to cover all sides of the piggy, but it large enough that the soap would have to but cut down to create a reasonable size soap. Of course the soap maker could to either build their own mold or divide a loaf mold with a dam to make a bar the right size. At $16.64 a shot (plus tax & shipping), it seems a rather expensive investment with a pretty limited return, considering the soap maker would either have to make one soap at a time or buy multiple piggy molds.

Our small town would like it conceptually, I am sure, but personally, I am not really sure the necessary price to cover the soap maker's investment would be profitable here in this small farming community. Maybe during festivals or around Christmastime, it would sell here, but given the amount of time, work, and cost, and probably minimal sales, I am not really sure it's something that would make it worth while. Maybe in another larger market where hogs/pigs are also a big thing.

Latest posts

Back