Honey Oatmeal Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy318

Reaction score
This is a soap I'm hoping to gift for Christmas, if I'm happy with it after curing.

This is my 5th time using this base recipe. I started adding sugar and really liked the fluffy bubbles it added, but here I added honey at 1 tbs ppo. I dissolved it in the water before adding lye. At light trace I added about 3 tbs of colloidal oats, then stick blended to try to avoid clumps of oats.

There are tiny orangish flecks throughout and I'm a little worried about those. I think its just the oats.

I also increased my sf from 5% to 7%. I hope that didn't increase my chances of dos too much.

I also invested in a miter box and soap cutter and.I'm sooooo happy with these cuts!!

1443986135921.jpg

1443986151436.jpg

They look very nice, and yes, the flecks are oatmeal. You did a great job of cutting them. That cannot really be avoided in oatmeal soap unless you use oat water strained through a very fine strainer or cheesecloth

They look very nice, and yes, the flecks are oatmeal. You did a great job of cutting them. That cannot really be avoided in oatmeal soap unless you use oat water strained through a very fine strainer or cheesecloth

Yeah, I don't mind the flecks aesthetically. I like them! But as a newbie I don't trust myself to identify dos yet.

Thanks!

Really lovely, the tops are nice. You did a great job cutting. I was terrible with a miter box.

Really lovely, the tops are nice. You did a great job cutting. I was terrible with a miter box.

I was the first time I used it, but as with most of my soapy endeavours, I had to do it wrong to understand how to get it right. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I don't mind the flecks aesthetically. I like them! But as a newbie I don't trust myself to identify dos yet.

Thanks!

You'll know it when you see it! Plus, it typically won't show up that quickly. They look so creamy and lovely. Great job!

Latest posts

Back