honey in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink-north

Reaction score
I've tried a couple of times to put honey in my cp soap, but it doesn't seem to work. I put it in just at trace and it usually ends up settling to the bottom of my mold. Any suggestions?

I put mine it at trace too. i give it a whirl with my stick blender.

I think i read somewhere that you can also mix it with the lye solution.

Try mixing it with a bit of your oil/water/milk some kind of liquid to thin it out first. Then add it at trace. That might help.

I add a little warm water to it and make it loose like before I add it. I love honey in my soap.

Oatmeal, Milk, Honey
and the FO from Cybilla (Brambleberry now)

Well I did it! I made the Oatmeal-honey soap today and it looks a little different. This was the first time that I used beeswax in my soap. I found that trace came rather quickly, is that normal :?? I used the stick blender for the first time as well and I think I like this tool (yes I am a little slow with these things :oops: )

I put some of the honey in the lye solution and I put some of it in at trace. I'm experimenting right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

BTW when I was pouring it into my mold the soap was quite yellow. Is that normal? Before I ask that has anyone else used beeswax in their soap? What are the results you've experienced and any suggestions or advice for me?

pink-north said:
Well I did it! I made the Oatmeal-honey soap today and it looks a little different. This was the first time that I used beeswax in my soap. I found that trace came rather quickly, is that normal :?? I used the stick blender for the first time as well and I think I like this tool (yes I am a little slow with these things :oops: )

I put some of the honey in the lye solution and I put some of it in at trace. I'm experimenting right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

BTW when I was pouring it into my mold the soap was quite yellow. Is that normal? Before I ask that has anyone else used beeswax in their soap? What are the results you've experienced and any suggestions or advice for me?

Yes, yellow is normal...Accleration is normal with beeswax and honey. It keeps heat too. I dont over my soap when it contains these.
Congrats! If you can.. post pics!

photo0025wh5.jpg

Okay!!! I think I got the hang of this. :?

Here is what my soap looks like at only 1 week. Thanks for all the advice, I really needed it.

Thanks so much. It must make people wonder how I managed to get this far. I really do have some sense. Anyway I'm putting an order in for some colourants I've never done a coloured or swirled soap before. Should be interesting.

Back