Honey Beer Soap!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCorgi94

Reaction score
[Final result from this thread here btw]

I did it!! I achieved a few more firsts in this soap than I originally planned but I'm so happy with the final result! 😄It's a beer soap w/ Honey fragrance oil. I had a few hiccups along the way, as evidenced by the previous post, but thankfully nothing major. My beer/colourants/saline mixed in nicely with the rest of the batch, my soap finally hardened, and it's cut, yay! I'm so happy with the colouring too, it's basically exactly what I was looking to achieve both with the body and the frothy top!

Before pics, I just wanna take a moment to thank everybody from the previous post, and also everyone who's been helping me with my prior soaps up to this point!!

106738598_3147211012027312_3918936009471288852_n.jpg
107490990_272491684169699_1547985611052912203_n.jpg

I do have a few more things to look into now.
- I wanna play around more with palm oil/lard, as my first batch used lard and that's as hard as a ROCK it's great! However this set up so slowly in comparison and isn't anywhere near as hard even up til now, and
- Those lil specs dotted throughout, I've seen this in question about beer soaps else where on the internet. I'm fairly sure it's not lye based on what I've read and the processes I did, but, I guess time will tell.

I know I was going for the whole "beer" thing but tbh I'll probably mix some yellow in the bottom and go with a citrus fragrance oil next time ahah "Slice of lemon meringue pie anyone?"

They look great, congrats. Those little specks could be stearic spots or bubbles, neither are anything to worry about.

I use lard and it can be a bit slower to saponify but the end bars are plenty hard. If you are interested in trying plam, try replacing half your normal lard amount.
I found a 50/50 blend of lard/palm makes a really nice addition.

Go for the lemon pie. Natures garden has a fantastic lemon FO, its smells like lemon head candy.

I use lard and it can be a bit slower to saponify but the end bars are plenty hard. If you are interested in trying plam, try replacing half your normal lard amount.
I found a 50/50 blend of lard/palm makes a really nice addition.

Ooo that sounds like a plan!! My first soap was made with Lard and tbh that could break a window, I've never had a soap get quite as hard quite the same way that recipe did sadly :( I hope my chasing the hard soap dragon is a venture short lived ahah

And thank you! That FO sounds like exactly what I'm looking for :D

If you don't require big fluffy lather, try 80% lard, 20% coconut. That stuff is so hard and long lasting, I've been working on using up my first batch for 6 years or so.

Its a gentle soap, good for drier skin

Back