Honey Avocado Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anstarx

Reaction score
I made a batch of avocado soap last winter and loved it as facial soap ever since. It was a tiny batch with only 4 bars and I poured way too early. I decided to revamp it this year so I can use it for winter this year and hopefully my online shop will be ready by then.
cover.png

Avocado puree: water 1:1 as liquid to dissovle lye. Palm, rice bran, olive, avocado, sweet almond oil. Super slow to trace but I made sure it's light trace before I pour.
Used mostly eucalyptus eo and some mint eo for scent. Yellow and green clay for color. I think I put in too much yellow clay lol, would love it to be greener.

I love it! Did your last batch retain the green color without going brown? My skin gets so dry in winter that I think I may want to try to make a batch with some avocado in it just to see how it compares to the other soaps i make for my winter use. Thank you for the inspiration!

looks great
Thanks!
Very nice!
Thank you!
I love it! Did your last batch retain the green color without going brown? My skin gets so dry in winter that I think I may want to try to make a batch with some avocado in it just to see how it compares to the other soaps i make for my winter use. Thank you for the inspiration!
The green color of the soap came mostly from the clay, not the avocado. The avocado puree turned a green-ish yellow color when in contact with lye. Since my last batch was a very pale green even with green clay added so I doubt avocado alone can make a strong color but there is no browning for sure.

Thanks!

Thank you!

The green color of the soap came mostly from the clay, not the avocado. The avocado puree turned a green-ish yellow color when in contact with lye. Since my last batch was a very pale green even with green clay added so I doubt avocado alone can make a strong color but there is no browning for sure.
I have different green colorants so I will add one of them to enhance it a bit. Good to know! thank you

I made a batch of avocado soap last winter and loved it as facial soap ever since. It was a tiny batch with only 4 bars and I poured way too early. I decided to revamp it this year so I can use it for winter this year and hopefully my online shop will be ready by then.
View attachment 48441
Avocado puree: water 1:1 as liquid to dissovle lye. Palm, rice bran, olive, avocado, sweet almond oil. Super slow to trace but I made sure it's light trace before I pour.
Used mostly eucalyptus eo and some mint eo for scent. Yellow and green clay for color. I think I put in too much yellow clay lol, would love it to be greener.
My mom LOVES this! Great job!

View attachment 48441
Hope you don't mind me asking, how much fresh avocado did you use?. Your soap & color is beautiful 💫👍🏼.

My mom LOVES this! Great job!
Thanks!

Hope you don't mind me asking, how much fresh avocado did you use?. Your soap & color is beautiful 💫👍🏼.
Can't tell the exact amount but I only pureed one avocado for the whole batch. Avocado puree: water 1:1 as liquid to dissovle lye and my usual lye ration is 1:2, meaning the avocado amount equals to my lye amount.

So, instead of 2:1, water to lye, you did 1:1 water to lye and added avocado directly to the lye water to replace the other half? Or did you add the avocado puree later?

So, instead of 2:1, water to lye, you did 1:1 water to lye and added avocado directly to the lye water to replace the other half? Or did you add the avocado puree later?
I used a avocado to water ratio 1:1 to make the puree first, then used the frozen puree directly to dissolve my lye.

View attachment 48441
Amazing soap.. love it! You mentioned green clay ... Is it french green clay you used? Any suggestions on Fragrance or EO apart from eucalyptus and mint? Thank you❤️

Amazing soap.. love it! You mentioned green clay ... Is it french green clay you used? Any suggestions on Fragrance or EO apart from eucalyptus and mint? Thank you❤
My supplier just says green clay for face masks, so dunno about the French part. It's green and clay for sure haha. If you don't want minty and maybe herbal scents like tea tree or rosemary? I think a green fruity scent like lime (FO of course) or cucumber may work with the green theme, too.

Back