Honey and wax

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luthier58

Reaction score
I apologize, I'm sure this subject has been covered in detail, but I'm a little lost in the search function. I'm a beekeeper, I have a bunch of honey and wax. I'm just starting in this, but I've mostly noticed cautions against using both. I realize I'm probably opening a can of worms here, but if you kind folks could directly toward using my products, I would appreciate it. Thank, D.

Honey and wax can both heat up, using them together can increase this even more. It can be done though, just be sparing in the amount used and get the soap in the freezer as soon as it's poured.

I use 5% beeswax but that is the absolute max, anymore and you'll have severely lessened lather, you might even try 3% at first. For honey, one tsp or pound of oil is plenty when you are using it along with wax.

I wouldn't recommend using any color either, if the soap gels it can get pretty dark.

We have a beehive, too, and I use honey in all my soaps. I use 1 T per 52 oz of oils at trace. It works great. I have never used the wax, but hear 3% is a good place to try.

Back