Homemade Vanilla Stabilizer?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a good question! I haven’t made solid bubble bath. Maybe this would be a good question to ask in the bath and body forum since more folks over there will have knowledge about using vanilla stabilizer in a product that has more lasting contact with skin.

ETA: another thought is to send an email to the folks at WSP and BCN, respectively, to ask whether their vanilla stabilizer products can be used for solid bubble bath, and if so, at what usage rate. That will give you at least a benchmark or starting point for how much VCS to use. If you do ask them, please report back here to let us know what they say. Thanks!

Last edited:

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I finally got around to making ZCS and trying it out with vanilla from WSP and vanilla creme from new directions aromatics. Results are below. I was making small samples and probably didn‘t stir them adequately. Percentages are by weight, % weight fragrance to total weight of oils. i used 1:1 ZCS to fragrance.
C0D377B7-98EA-4054-9A20-1F8F47A0CDED.jpeg

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I finally got around to making ZCS and trying it out with vanilla from WSP and vanilla creme from new directions aromatics. Results are below. I was making small samples and probably didn‘t stir them adequately. Percentages are by weight, % weight fragrance to total weight of oils. i used 1:1 ZCS to fragrance.View attachment 56039
The NDA 4% is actually very cool looking! At least in this photo, with the shine, it looks almost like mahogany.

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NDA 4% is actually very cool looking! At least in this photo, with the shine, it looks almost like mahogany.
Thanks! I had just steamed them to get rid of some soda ash (you can still see some). It is a pretty color, if it is what you’re going for, but it’s nice to have the option to keep it lighter.

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I finally got around to making ZCS and trying it out with vanilla from WSP and vanilla creme from new directions aromatics. Results are below. I was making small samples and probably didn‘t stir them adequately. Percentages are by weight, % weight fragrance to total weight of oils. i used 1:1 ZCS to fragrance.View attachment 56039
wow...what a difference. What ratio of ZCS to FO did you use?