Homemade melt and pour soap eggs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regansoap

Reaction score
Hi again here are my very plain soap eggs - I made the melt and pour myself and completely left out the glycerin and there is no sweating (so far) the m&p with glycerin added is sweating like ****.

1455109115659.jpg

Here goes:

14 oz vo/p/t any of these
5.5 oz coconut oil
8 oz castor oil
.75 oz sunflower oil
4 oz lye
5 oz water

After cook add 13 oz mono propylene glycol stir wait till dissolved you will see it going clear
Then add 8 oz sugar dissolved in 5 oz water stir some more.

You may see lots of undissolved soap - push to one side

At this point add 3 oz of vegetable glycerin - I did not do this and found that it did not sweat nearly as much. Good luck.

If you have any further questions ask me I have made this about 10 times so I am by no means an expert - but that is the recipe that works well for me.

What superfat did you set the recipe at going in? How does the lack of glycerin affect the soap and the remelt besides not sweating?

Ctanton I can't remember but will look on Internet and I'm pretty sure I will recognise the seller. It was a round silicone mould I have a picture somewhere I will look for it so you can see.

Seawolf 20% superfat - I think adding the glycerin is over egging the omelette - it still melts beautifully in the microwave - again I will post pictures. I defiantly found that the soap with the glycerin sweated way more than without - try for yourself - you are so much more experienced than me but I had the bars side by side on the dresser and the glycerin sweat was so obvious on the one and the other remained dry.

I think it is a little bit like that hp solvent think by Tina molenke but you don't have to worry about the temperature killing your eo or fo because there is none in it.

Your eggs look great, and I will have to try your recipe, but I suppose I am stupid this morning and not sure what ingredients this refers to.
14 oz vo/p/t any of these? I am horrible with abbreviations at times :-?

Hello. I recently also tried to make mp base from scratch. I use the bonnie from goodearthspa method. And yes, the soap turns out suppeerr sweaty

I live in tropical country so humid everyday.

I'll try to exclude the glycerin next time.

anyway, does 20% superfat way too much?

would be nice if you have time to make a video tutorial X)

and also, is the ratio of Propylene glycol, sugar solution and gliceryn always the same in every recipe? Thank you.

Hi Roche just follow the ingredients and weights to the letter and you should end up with a meltable soap. I will try and pluck up courage to do a video _ good luck _ I also tried good earth spars m&p but way too sweaty for Wales in UK - add fragrance and colour when you remelt.

Back