homemade distilled water not worth it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! Thanks for this. My husband and I were looking at machines, and saw this on Amazon, but we couldn't find info on the company or other reviews outside of Amazon. I've learned to be cautious of reviews on Amazon because a lot of companies pay people to give high reviews. Without an external or third party review I was cautious.
We may be giving this a try!
I have this unit as well. I have had it for a couple of years, and I have never had a problem with it. I use a lot of distilled water, and I got very tired of carrying all those gallons home from the store. I use it for soap as well as medical respiratory equipment for my husband. The only caution is that if you have very hard water, you will have to clean it pretty often. But that's easy with citric acid.

I decided long ago that making distilled water isn't really an option. Depending on its use, deionized water can be good enough which is substantially cheaper, but when I need distilled I buy online generally from here https://golyath.co.uk/collections/distilled-waterCouple of things to note, deionization doesn't seem to be very efficient at removing bacteria. And some companies state there purified water is distilled when in fact it's just the deionized, it is always worth questioning before you buy to avoid getting ripped off.

Back