Homemade dish soap recipe

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
702F7F70-BFE5-486B-8995-55823B1FC164.jpegI love using my soap on dishes and general cleaning. I do 100% coconut oil, 2% of the oil weight in citric acid, 0% SF, and it's amazing. It's the best thing I've found for cleaning up student desks at work too.
Did you have another dish soap preference before you found this recipe? I was curious how they compare I'd you did.

Hi @WhittanyWho !

Yes, I use my liquid soap in a foamer. I pump the foam onto a sponge, wash dishes and stack them in the dishwasher and run on the rinse cycle. I don't have a special formula for dishes. I use whatever LS I have on hand. Currently, I'm using a 20% castor + 80% infused olive oil that I needed to use up. It's scented with an Orange Clove blend that is quite nice. My favorite blend for general cleaning is

Zany's BLIMEY! EO Blend
1 Part Lemon EO
1 Part Litsea Cubeba EO
2 Parts Lime EO

Hi @WhittanyWho !

Yes, I use my liquid soap in a foamer. I pump the foam onto a sponge, wash dishes and stack them in the dishwasher and run on the rinse cycle. I don't have a special formula for dishes. I use whatever LS I have on hand. Currently, I'm using a 20% castor + 80% infused olive oil that I needed to use up. It's scented with an Orange Clove blend that is quite nice. My favorite blend for general cleaning is

Zany's BLIMEY! EO Blend
1 Part Lemon EO
1 Part Litsea Cubeba EO
2 Parts Lime EO
I had all but forgotten we’d spoken about dish soap. I just made a liquid version and love it in a foaming dispenser. It’s just 100% coconut oil, 0% SF, 2% citric acid, 1.5% honey, and KOH instead of NaPH. 😃
I wish I’d tried foamy soap sooner 😍
DDA3C5B3-D229-4800-9AC3-A55CA7A4822C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back