Home grown blueberries

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I make tomato juice and freeze it in plastic soda bottles. It works really well in soaps and stews.

This is a great idea and I bet would make an awesome bloody mary mixer! The hubs usually makes a boatload of tomato sauce and cans it. We've also blanched whole tomatoes, drained & cooled them then freeze in a ziploc freezer bag.

Beautiful, you lucky I do not live close by. :)
I do not have blueberries but I do garden ............Obsidian I hope you do not mind:)

DSCN4461_001.jpg

DSCN4463_003.jpg

DSCN4467_007.jpg

Nice garden. I wish I had more room, I'm pretty limited on what I can grow. I would love to have beets but my soil is too sandy and rocky

Nice garden. I wish I had more room, I'm pretty limited on what I can grow. I would love to have beets but my soil is too sandy and rocky
I am living in the city, we got a bigger garden when we build the house, It is beautiful with all the flowers I have , there is not time for anything else in summer ;) But I love it
Below my bell flower :)

DSCN4458_002.jpg

Peaches are one of my favorites, wish I could grow them here but its too cold. Love the weird tomato with the nipple lol.

Wow, Obsidian...those are gigantic! It looks like you're in Idaho. Have you guys been having an unusually hot summer? I'm in the Seattle area and we've been having lots of hot weather which is making everything grow fast and abundant. All the berries and produce have been early this year and it's so wonderful!

Yeah, its been really hot but is back to normal now. Quite a bit has ripened early but somethings just dried up on the vine. A couple of the varieties I grow produce big berries, I should get even bigger ones next year:)

Oh, they look sooo good. I can't wait til blueberry season returns here. I discovered a little roadside stall 10 mins from where I live that sells the best blueberries I've ever eaten, I think I used to go through a bag a day. One day in February, I headed off to get my daily blueberry fix and stumbled upon a sign at the stall saying that blueberry season was over - it was SO disappointing, as I had only found the stall maybe 2-3 weeks prior.

I can't wait til December rolls around...

Latest posts

Back