Holy Frijoles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
I just heard about this 100 Senses bar?? 26.00? Is it just like a glorified shampoo bar? Like Lush? Help me here. Brain reeling. Thank you all!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220804-223740_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-223740_Chrome.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220804-223801_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220804-223801_Chrome.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 0
And just how much have YOU spent on ingredients to perfect a syndet bar? LOL I'm still working on them and definitely do not tell my dear hubby how much I have spent! Although, to give him credit, it doesn't matter to him...just think he would be surprised at the cost of "testing" out the recipes. Maybe I should have just popped for the $26 bar? LOL

And just how much have YOU spent on ingredients to perfect a syndet bar? LOL I'm still working on them and definitely do not tell my dear hubby how much I have spent! Although, to give him credit, it doesn't matter to him...just think he would be surprised at the cost of "testing" out the recipes. Maybe I should have just popped for the $26 bar? LOL
Same thing here with purchasing ingredients. I began soap making to use up the bar and bomb oils & butters that I had a lot of. Now I have to make more soap to use up the additional soap ingredients I purchased. Am a soaping hamster on her wheel…

Touché! 😂 🤣

Honestly my shampoo bars haven’t cost much in terms of trying lots of different ingredients, because I’ve stuck with two primary recipes. But all the various speciality oils and extracts for conditioner bars, well, that’s another issue altogether. 😉 Fortunately I can use most of them in lotions, too. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it! 😁

My DH doesn’t care much about my soapy spending, either. He wants me to have a hobby that I enjoy, plus he (his skin) really loves my soaps, syndet bars, and lotions. So alas, he’s no help in the self restraint area. Neither is anyone else here on SMF.

@AliOop Most of my trials kept to the same basic ingredients until I bought the DIY pourable recipes and I did not have two of them on hand. It was cheaper to pop for the Syndopour syndet bar base from Stephenson's. The test results for my daughter got interrupted by a hospital stay...only one shower in the hospital but enough that she will need to try it for another 10-14 days to see if it irritates her cochlear implant. I want to test it for me, too, but a little more in detail this time as I want to weigh the bar after a few shampoos as daughter seems to think they use up faster than the other ones. She will tell me if she likes them, and if they are good or not with the implant...she will not put a chart in her bathroom and weigh to see the difference!

@bwtapestry Oh, yes, the proverbial hamster. I already have this hobby called quilting that is similar. I just haven't let the soaping get out of hand. Was sticking JUST to soap until my daughter found that shampoos...even ones without Sulfates...irritated her cochlear implant...so now my quest is finding a syndet bar that doesn't. AND one that is simple enough that she can make it herself because I'm not going to live forever! LOL

Luckily my other daughter in Hawaii loves all the rejects so that is no problem. I've got two more recipes that are on the simpler side. If I have to go to one that is more complicated or involved AND find that it's good...I might just buy a ten year supply and make a bunch up so I can be done with it all. By that time she might be retired and can make her own "stuff" LOL

Oh I use and ADORE the 100 Senses bar! I threw out every other shampoo and conditioner I owned because this is just PERFECT for my colored hair. Yes - I only need this 1 thing for my hair! If I didn't make my own soap, I'd use it for showering too because honestly....my skin likes it better and usually don't need moisturizer when I use it. Two bars a year is all I need and totally worth it.

Back