Holly Berry

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthie

Reaction score
I'm so sad! BB has discontinued their Holly Berry fo. Looking back on my old notes I see they did say it was going to happen, but I did not stay on top of that. Now I have- or should I say soon won't have- a fragrance that my customers LOVE and I can't get more. This has happened before. I should KNOW NOT to get a fragrance that says "will be discontinued."!!!

I'm so sad! BB has discontinued their Holly Berry fo. Looking back on my old notes I see they did say it was going to happen, but I did not stay on top of that. Now I have- or should I say soon won't have- a fragrance that my customers LOVE and I can't get more. This has happened before. I should KNOW NOT to get a fragrance that says "will be discontinued."!!!

I did the exact same thing with one from NG. Bought it as a discontinued item and waited too long to use it and once I did it was a huge hit. It was called beach baby and I can't find my notes on what the sent consisted of. Won't do that again. Sorry it happened to you!

I wonder why they chose to discontinue certain items. BB usually says slow sales but then a lot of the FO's will get huge numbers of great reviews, so are the sales really slow or are they just making room? If you still have some of the Holly Berry, can you send it a bit someplace and see if they can duplicate it? Or see if someone else will pick it up? I don't really know how you track a manufacturer of an FO and see if another company decides to carry it.

I wonder why they chose to discontinue certain items. BB usually says slow sales but then a lot of the FO's will get huge numbers of great reviews, so are the sales really slow or are they just making room? If you still have some of the Holly Berry, can you send it a bit someplace and see if they can duplicate it? Or see if someone else will pick it up? I don't really know how you track a manufacturer of an FO and see if another company decides to carry it.

Yes, low sales is the reason they give. They also say you can still order it but 10 lb minimum. It would take me 10 years to use up that much! Lebermuth f.o.s would keep that long, but I don't know about BB's. Hadn't thought about your other suggestions. But I had thought about begging people to see if they have any left. ;)

I actually did go look to see if I had any because I would have given it to you. Amazingly, I did not, although I have many of their FO's. If I accidentally passed it over and find some, I will certainly send it your way.

People have often found something they like that was picked up by another company. I have no idea how you find out such information but hopefully someone will pop on. Maybe you just call around and beg. Is it Scent Works that will try to duplicate something or Save on Scents?

Back