Holidays ahead

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. New here, but not to soap making. I need to shake things up, I'm 20 years in, and Christmas is always a challenge. Mistletoe Kiss from SC is a given. Any recommendations for great christmas scents? Thanks

Hi scentseeker, and welcome to the forum. I love Winter Wonderland from Nurture, and use it all year, but I've seen many refer to it as a Christmas scent. Peppermint Stick from WSP is a sweet peppermint that sticks well, I really love Lingonberry Spice from BB and Frosted Birch and Juniper from WSP is another good one. But as a hobbyist, I tend to use fragrances that are not just 'holiday'.

Hi scentseeker, and welcome to the forum. I love Winter Wonderland from Nurture, and use it all year, but I've seen many refer to it as a Christmas scent. Peppermint Stick from WSP is a sweet peppermint that sticks well, I really love Lingonberry Spice from BB and Frosted Birch and Juniper from WSP is another good one. But as a hobbyist, I tend to use fragrances that are not just 'holiday'.
I have wholesale accounts who want a little something. Assume these all good in cold process. Many thanks.

@dibbles edited: I see now where they listed the lower usage rate. It sounds like a great Christmas scent, and I would love to order some. All reports indicate that it sticks well, but I wonder if they used it at that low rate.

@dibbles edited: I see now where they listed the lower usage rate. It sounds like a great Christmas scent, and I would love to order some. All reports indicate that it sticks well, but I wonder if they used it at that low rate.
I know. I tend to skip FOs with usage rates that low, although I have some (with usage rates of 6%+) that are crazy strong and I'd not want to use at that high of a percentage. I just don't think of citrus as falling into that category.

@The_Phoenix do you think the Balsam and Citrus is strong enough and will last at the 2.49% usage rate? It sounds very nice, but I wonder about citrus and the low usage rate. I'd be tempted to give it a try.
Yes! I tested it at 3% and my little tester soap still smells so nice. The citrus has definitely faded a bit but it’s nice without it. My daughter loves it and she’s VERY picky about fragrances. It does discolor a light cream color the tiniest bit but otherwise I don’t expect it to be an issue. Also, it was perfect to work with and decelerates the batter a bit.

Balsam and Citrus is on the left.
A7DC9DA9-7658-4E56-A115-E4A529CEF804.jpeg

@The_Phoenix thank you! I will keep it in mind for my next Elements order. I would be tempted to blend in a bit of another citrus that might stick around a little better. To my mind, that tiny bit of discoloration is not noticeable enough to be a concern, and good to know it plays nice!

It's now on my list. Last year's Christmas fragrance was so overpowering for the first four weeks after the pour that I had to send the bars to a friend's home to cure (and I gave away the FO). So I'm on the hunt for one that I can stand, and this sounds like it will fit the bill. Thanks!

My two favorites for Christmas season are Snowman Balls and Frosted Pinecones from NG. I'm not a fan of super sweet fragrances, so I tend more towards "cooler" or fresher scents.

Back