Holidays ahead

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

scentseeker

Reaction score
Hello all. New here, but not to soap making. I need to shake things up, I'm 20 years in, and Christmas is always a challenge. Mistletoe Kiss from SC is a given. Any recommendations for great christmas scents? Thanks

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi scentseeker, and welcome to the forum. I love Winter Wonderland from Nurture, and use it all year, but I've seen many refer to it as a Christmas scent. Peppermint Stick from WSP is a sweet peppermint that sticks well, I really love Lingonberry Spice from BB and Frosted Birch and Juniper from WSP is another good one. But as a hobbyist, I tend to use fragrances that are not just 'holiday'.

scentseeker

Reaction score
Hi scentseeker, and welcome to the forum. I love Winter Wonderland from Nurture, and use it all year, but I've seen many refer to it as a Christmas scent. Peppermint Stick from WSP is a sweet peppermint that sticks well, I really love Lingonberry Spice from BB and Frosted Birch and Juniper from WSP is another good one. But as a hobbyist, I tend to use fragrances that are not just 'holiday'.
I have wholesale accounts who want a little something. Assume these all good in cold process. Many thanks.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have wholesale accounts who want a little something. Assume these all good in cold process. Many thanks.
They are all good for CP. I was just clarifying I don't necessarily do specific holiday scents, so you would take that into consideration.

scentseeker

Reaction score
Is "this" the Winter Wonderful mentioned above? Wasn't sure which scent you tested.

scentseeker

Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't shopped with them, but that scent description will likely change that.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@The_Phoenix do you think the Balsam and Citrus is strong enough and will last at the 2.49% usage rate? It sounds very nice, but I wonder about citrus and the low usage rate. I'd be tempted to give it a try.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@dibbles edited: I see now where they listed the lower usage rate. It sounds like a great Christmas scent, and I would love to order some. All reports indicate that it sticks well, but I wonder if they used it at that low rate.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dibbles edited: I see now where they listed the lower usage rate. It sounds like a great Christmas scent, and I would love to order some. All reports indicate that it sticks well, but I wonder if they used it at that low rate.
I know. I tend to skip FOs with usage rates that low, although I have some (with usage rates of 6%+) that are crazy strong and I'd not want to use at that high of a percentage. I just don't think of citrus as falling into that category.

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
@The_Phoenix do you think the Balsam and Citrus is strong enough and will last at the 2.49% usage rate? It sounds very nice, but I wonder about citrus and the low usage rate. I'd be tempted to give it a try.
Yes! I tested it at 3% and my little tester soap still smells so nice. The citrus has definitely faded a bit but it’s nice without it. My daughter loves it and she’s VERY picky about fragrances. It does discolor a light cream color the tiniest bit but otherwise I don’t expect it to be an issue. Also, it was perfect to work with and decelerates the batter a bit.

Balsam and Citrus is on the left.
A7DC9DA9-7658-4E56-A115-E4A529CEF804.jpeg

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@The_Phoenix thank you! I will keep it in mind for my next Elements order. I would be tempted to blend in a bit of another citrus that might stick around a little better. To my mind, that tiny bit of discoloration is not noticeable enough to be a concern, and good to know it plays nice!

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It's now on my list. Last year's Christmas fragrance was so overpowering for the first four weeks after the pour that I had to send the bars to a friend's home to cure (and I gave away the FO). So I'm on the hunt for one that I can stand, and this sounds like it will fit the bill. Thanks!