Holiday show win!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainycityjen

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my recent success because you all will understand better than anyone!

I am a complete hobbyist, every soap batch is an experiment, and I buy whatever supplies I like even if not the cheapest. I've been soaping for two years. However a couple months ago I heard about a new handmade market at a hip reused building materials store downtown. I applied (because it was only a $35 booth fee, and I was tired of giving dozens of lbs of soap away) and happily I was one of 30% of vendors accepted.

The show was last Friday, I brought every single bar of soap I had (only 150, after all the giveaways I'd done all year) and in five hours I sold out! I had also prepared business cards and a website for the show and a bunch of people asked how to purchase from me again.

I'm usually so critical of my own soaps, so it rocked to find out they are very sellable, even if people were mostly motivated by a cheap and easy present.

Back