Holiday scents?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabadgley

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know, I know, it's only July. But I'm getting excited about making holiday soaps, and I wanted to pick your brains for scenting ideas. I've got a great pumpkin spice recipe for the fall, so that's taken care of. But I'm looking to also make a Dionysos soap for the fall (my soaps are inspired by gods and goddesses of mythology and world religions), and I'm having a hard time. I've seen on here that folks have made wine soaps, which would be awesome, seeing as how he's the god of wine ;-) But I try to do my scenting with essential oils instead of fragrance oils, which gives me some trouble with this one. I feel like it needs to be a dark fruity scent, with warmth and spice. Is that possible to achieve with EO's do you think?

Other than that, what kinds of blends do y'all do for Christmas? I'd love to do some sort of evergreen blend, but I have trouble getting those to not be too harsh. What other kinds of seasonal scents do y'all do?

Wholesale supplies plus has a new line of *natural* fragrance oils. I have not looked into it much, but it might offer a nice fruity compromise for you.

Excellent - I've never seen their site before. They've got all kinds of great stuff! Some of their EO blends look wonderful. Thank you for the tip!

I've been using the WSP EO blends and they are working out great! I haven't tried the natural FO's... Anyone have any feedback on those?

Back