Holiday decorations

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I won't be getting out to see lights this year, anyone want to share any of their holiday decorations?

These two gnomes I made with help from my mom, she also has two. Used a upside down tomato cage for the frame.

The crocheted gnome my daughter made for me this year. He is adorable

Attachments

• 20191214_144947-980x981.jpg
    20191214_144947-980x981.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 20191218_113027-980x2016.jpg
    20191218_113027-980x2016.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 49
So cute! I love the oat mustache and golden locks on your evergreen gnomes.

We're having an Un-Christmas this year. With no family around (my daughter and the grandkids moved to Vancouver Island), we decided not to celebrate the holiday, apart from turning on the lights in one of the trees outside. However, I just HAD to do a little decorating inside.

View attachment 43019
I like your doily. People don't use doilies enough nowadays. I have several in my windows and on my tables.

@Misschief : Yay for Un-Christmas! We did away with the gift giving and began focusing on everything else that's important and fun about Christmas. No more holiday stress, just good times with friends and family, kinda like Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve had a baby lol!
It definitely reduces the stress level and that's always a good thing. We are having our own little Christmas dinner, having invited a friend who has no family around either. I'm still doing some baking but it's on my terms, not because I have to.

My youngest son is such a Christmas lover; if it weren’t for him we probably wouldn’t decorate. He has been begging for his own tree so my MIL found one for him. It’s actually a tree we keep all year so now he will have a chore to keep it alive.

here are my two favorite decorations...a 10 ft Airstream camper blow up that I got last year at 75% off and a unicorn. Next year we go home to my parents so we don’t have to decorate!
CC4C7CBF-FE88-47FC-A11E-204018CF50FD.jpegFA757762-4B78-478C-B577-8766D062E728.jpeg8517DADF-4BF3-488C-8AC2-6F48BA4AB350.jpeg

those gnomes are adorable. I haven't decorated yet, I just went to the last market of the year and now I am getting the itch to decorate but at the same time telling myself its to late. I don't know what the day will bring haha

Thank you everyone for sharing your holidays with all of us.

I'd love to have a tree but we have a puppy who is going through her terrible stage, it wouldn't last 5 minutes.

We are minimal here and do the Winter Solstice. Simple, all items gathered Saturday morning and put together (including the 'stand' for the small tree). Tree was a sprout that needed to be cut because it was under power lines so I cut sustainably :) Ornaments I made the month before
View attachment 43061
are those ornaments woodburned? love your little tree

and now I am getting the itch to decorate but at the same time telling myself its to late. I don't know what the day will bring haha
When I was growing up we used to decorate on Christmas Eve and keep our decorations up for the 12 days of Christmas. I kind of miss that, maybe I will revive that family tradition.
So I guess in my mind it's not too late until 11:59pm Christmas Eve.

Tree was a sprout that needed to be cut because it was under power lines so I cut sustainably
I have 2 sprouts under my Austrian Pine in the back yard. They are smaller than the one you cut "sustainably". I'm wondering if you considered digging it up and planting it elsewhere? That's what I'd like to do, but neither the "boys" nor the yard man think it's possible to do that. Whaddaya think?

We made old fashioned dough ornaments and "stone sheep" with baking clay.
Aw, brought a smile to my heart. So cute!

Last edited:
we’ve been celebrating all month, the kids have been bouncing off the walls

Our tree is all shatterproof ornaments at this point in the game, my blown glass ornaments haven’t seen the light of day since Dorian was born lol.

here are our little Yule goats and sunwait candles

I finally got the little prelit mini trees by the front door this year (yay target super sale!), we haven’t had time to make the ornaments for them this year. Maybe by next year they’ll be ready haha

I have a beautiful wool crocheted tree skirt that I didn’t get finished either, oh well!

49B6AC66-1691-4A64-B548-2D9C2B7BE929.jpeg E7A5CEC3-C988-46ED-9C9E-1D4C52261839.jpeg 2331D174-3B64-4BF6-8333-1BCA149501DC.jpeg 5E912C91-BED0-4413-BC85-B0840C36AF11.jpeg

I have 2 sprouts under my Austrian Pine in the back yard. They are smaller than the one you cut "sustainably". I'm wondering if you considered digging it up and planting it elsewhere? That's what I'd like to do, but neither the "boys" nor the yard man think it's possible to do that. Whaddaya think?
In my experience the fall is the best time to plant/transplant trees. I have never tried to transplant a tree. That being said, my understanding is that if you get enough of the root ball, it may work.

Back