Holiday Craft/Fairs entry fee this year

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I am curious what the fees are for different areas of the USA (or elsewhere) for the local Holiday Craft Fairs.

I am searching today to fill up my schedule and the prices are all over.
My local church has a Nov one that is only $35 for 6' Table but small community college is $100 for 6' table.
yeah I choose the Church ;) We shopped there before so know that they get business and I like to help local

Others are outdoor $45 and some BIG ones are like $300 and not close to me.

I am thinking this year to stay close to home and pay less money. I may lose out this year but will get a better reading of how it is. This is my 1st year at FM and such.

So what say you? What is it like in your neck of the woods ?

Shows run anywhere from 50-750 depending on city and size. I travel 3 hours north where I can afford larger shows and much more reasonable costs. I do a couple local school shows in the fall and they run 65-100 for 1 day and there are a couple 2 day that run 150-175.

South Dakota typical rates:
One day $35-125 - most indoor shows run around $45
Two days $95-250

That said.... my two best shows of the year, the two day event in August is $30 (yep, total) and a one day event in October is $10 (yep, TEN dollah).

It varies so much here, anywhere from $10, for a 1 day show to $850+ for a 1 day show and up from there. And that's all within a 20 mile radius, so it's hard to judge.

I may not go be the best to answer though, as I only have 4 shows a year.
3 in the same venue run by the same people, $50 a day. My Oct show is a 1 day show, my Nov and Dec are 2 day shows.
I also have another one in October, in a little church I used to attend as a kid, for $10 for a double table, where there are maybe (if they all show up) 15 vendors, and literally is by far my best show of the year. I usually in that one day (after profit) make 20x my booth fee. (did I mention it was 1-day and only a 6 hour show?) the other 3 I do very well, but after i'ts all said and done, usually only 10x my booth fee for each show. (that's after all fees are taken out)

The market I'm in is $35 for a table, if you attend more than 4 days per season, or $40 if less. I've heard of higher rates for other markets, with our local Christmas market costing up to $320. Other are less than that but still a lot higher than the market I attend.

My main Holiday show which is a total of 5 days is around $260 this year. I don't remember the exact rate. Other Holiday shows run $75-200 per day. The Friday night one I have been doing for the last 3 weeks is $5o per night and is a little pricey. Sales are just not that great anymore.

I sometimes wonder how they come up with these prices. Some charge a cover fee for people to shop.
small time vendors just don't make that much money after you figure Fee, supplies, TIME

Well, I just got an email for a county fair (small compared to western/southern states) that got an opening for a 4 day show !
Indoor spot and $250 for all 4 days. my only issue is it is 1.5 hrs away and u have to be there 10am to 10pm. Long day alone, wondering how to do potty breaks.
Oh and it is labor day weekend :eek:

Other vendors are usually happy to help for potty breaks. I have a two day show over Labor Day. Sometimes the venue planners have helpers that will cover too. I paid 100 for 2 days. It’s 3 hours away but I generally make enough to get a hotel for one night and drove an hour from my parents 1 day.

Well, I just got an email for a county fair (small compared to western/southern states) that got an opening for a 4 day show !
Indoor spot and $250 for all 4 days. my only issue is it is 1.5 hrs away and u have to be there 10am to 10pm. Long day alone, wondering how to do potty breaks.
Oh and it is labor day weekend :eek:
Wow, that sounds tough to do alone. Are there any other crafters you know around who could share your spot?

No, I'm kinda a loner around here. Anyone I knew moved away. I might see if DD will go but I doubt it and I don't want to sit next to her for 12 hrs hahahah

South Dakota typical rates:
One day $35-125 - most indoor shows run around $45
Two days $95-250

That said.... my two best shows of the year, the two day event in August is $30 (yep, total) and a one day event in October is $10 (yep, TEN dollah).
My Mom is from SD and we lived there as well for a year. I think of that every time I see you post. She lived in North Rapid City until we moved her here.

My Mom is from SD and we lived there as well for a year. I think of that every time I see you post. She lived in North Rapid City until we moved her here.

I live on the other side of the state :) My husband is in shock because I have never been to the Black Hills or Mt. Rushmore, much less Rapid City, although I did make a brief trip just over the river 20 years ago when a friend passed away. I tend to travel north to south more than east to west I guess!

I live on the other side of the state :) My husband is in shock because I have never been to the Black Hills or Mt. Rushmore, much less Rapid City, although I did make a brief trip just over the river 20 years ago when a friend passed away. I tend to travel north to south more than east to west I guess!
Mount Rushmore used to be cool but they have turned it into such a money making deal that it cost so much to visit there it's just not worth it it's better to stand on the road before the entrance and take photos from there lol
If you ever get there the best thing to see is the wildlife loop in Custer state park. You can see Buffalo up close and actually feed the wild donkeys. It's incredibly beautiful up there

Here in Pennsylvania they charge about the same as other places - $35 to less than $200 for a two day show. Some shows you can rent a table instead of bringing one. Quite a few now charge a jury fee as well.

Latest posts

Back