Hoity-Toity Snickerdoodle League?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entirely off-topic, but I'm absolutely burning to know what the "Hoity-Toity Snickerdoodle League" is.

Can anyone tell me?

Thanks in advance

It was just something one of the mods came up with many years ago and we all just took it on cause we thought it was funny. Hazel hasn't been here in quite some time.

Ditto what Shari said^^^^. It was something our former fellow mod Hazel came up with back when the forum changed owners some years back and unbeknownst to us they added a new 'friend request' feature to the forum. I stumbled upon it one day when I went to go edit my siggy line and saw that someone had sent me a friend request. I had no idea what a friend request was or how it worked on the forum (you'll have to excuse my ignorance, I don't do Facebook where I soon found out that friending is a normal thing), so I asked about it in the mod forum and found out that so far I was the only mod at that point to get a friend request. A very humorous discussion then ensued between us mods where Hazel opined about not having got a friend request, whereupon Effy (who was a mod at that time) jokingly told her that maybe it was because we all felt she was out of our league. Then Hazel laughingly joked back in faux outrage about us having a league without telling her and called us "hoity-toity snikerdoodles" for not including her. Well, one humorous thing led to another until we all agreed to friend each other and also put "Official Member of the Hoity-Toity Snickerdoodle League" in our forum titles underneath our names for a week, but then Hazel thought it would be better to put it in our siggy lines, and that's what we did. So there you have it!

I also included in my siggy line one of Hazels humorous sayings: "Fair is a place to go play games and eat funnel cakes". She came up with it one day when somebody complained about something not being fair. I really miss Hazel.

IrishLass :)

Mmmmmm..... Snickerdoodles ... one of my favorite cookies.

I made them with only butter for years and they always tasted good, but they just didn't have the heavenly crispy, sandy texture of my grandma's snickerdoodles. When I tried all lard .... voila! .... the texture was perfect, but the flavor was lacking. Half 'n half is perfect. And, yes, I sneak the lard out of my soaping stash. ;)

I never thanked you all for explaining the origins of the league.

So many thanks and now for the next question...

What on earth are funnel cakes and snickerdoodles?

They are pure love and joy. I'm only kinda kidding...

A snickerdoodle is somewhat like a sugar cookie, except the dough is less sweet and the whole thing is rolled in a blend of cinnamon & sugar before baking. I prefer them warm and soft with a bit of a crisp edge.

Funnel cakes are a kind of deep fried cake. The batter is streamed into hot oil with a funnel, which gives a particular texture. It cooks very quickly and is terribly unhealthy but so good! They're usually served with toppings like powdered sugar, macerated fruit, chocolate sauce, caramel, etc.

I never thanked you all for explaining the origins of the league.

So many thanks and now for the next question...

What on earth are funnel cakes and snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles are delightful cookies. Google a recipe they re quite easy to make. Funnel cakes are delish and generally find them at fairs along with elephant ears. Fried goodness.

Funnel cakes sound a bit like the "churros" and "porras" made and sold here in Spain. Different shape, obviously, but a similar concept: lethal doses of deep fried cholesterol smothered in sugar. And to cap it all, you can dip them in cups of hot chocolate, not the thin, sad, sorry, puritan concoction of Blighty, but dark thick stuff that tastes of sin. Delicious, and very popular after a night out on the town.

As for the snickerdoodles, I'd eat anything with a name like that...

Happy soaping and a lovely weekend to all.

Funnel cakes sound a bit like the "churros" and "porras" made and sold here in Spain. Different shape, obviously, but a similar concept: lethal doses of deep fried cholesterol smothered in sugar. And to cap it all, you can dip them in cups of hot chocolate, not the thin, sad, sorry, puritan concoction of Blighty, but dark thick stuff that tastes of sin. Delicious, and very popular after a night out on the town.

As for the snickerdoodles, I'd eat anything with a name like that...

Happy soaping and a lovely weekend to all.
The funnel cakes I've had are more dense in texture than the churros I've eaten. You are right about similar concept. Fry bread is about the best I could come up within regards to funnel cakes, albeit funnel cakes are slightly sweeter before the addition of powdered sugar.

Back