¤Hiya!¤

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dOttY

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am new to soap making, but have made candles for a while now. Kinda bored with them, and have admired handcrafted soaps for some time. I now want to try it myself.

I've dabbled in Melt & Pour, and I'm trying to summons up the courage to try my hand at CP.

I'm a married Mum with 3 kids. Daughter 15, Son 13, Daughter 8. I'm 35 and I currently live in Brisbane.

Looking forward to becoming 'family'.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum! :D

I had concerns about doing CP, too. However, it sounds like your kids are old enough to understand safety procedures and know not to touch caustic substances. Give it a try. Who knows? Your kids might find it fun and you'll have a new family activity to enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome Ladies.

Can someone please tell me where I can buy those silicone loaf trays, to make logs?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dotty.
I'm from Qld too.
There's a few of us aussies getting around here.
Silicone loaf moulds.
Depends on how much money you want to spend I spose.
I have some of these
http://www.woodfieldswood.com/
My all time favourites, love love them but they r pretty pricey.
Target does a range silicone bakeware that pretty useful for CP soap. I have a few of their moulds. They r good solid silicone.
I picked up a loaf mould in my local IGA for like $2. It works but the sides don't stay perfectly straight but it doesn't really matter, its only a visual shape thing.

Welcome!!!

Hi Nat!

I went to a CP info morning, this morning, held by my local library. I'm super keen now!

Nice to hear from a fellow 'local' soaper.

Keep in touch!

<3

Was that with Yvonne??
The only person I know that does CP lessons in a library near brissy. LOL.
You'll be able ot pick up any orders from her so saving on postage.
There's also escentials of noosaville which is great for supplies.

Thanks NattyNoo.
I can't remember the lady's name! But I'm guessing so, as she is soon opening a shop, and sells from home at the moment.

Welcome Dotty!

It's great that you've been able to go to a cp info gathering!

Soon we'll be organising a swap with the Aussie's on this board ... theme is Christmas. Most of us are hobby soapers, and ths is about sharing for fun, so hope you'll consider joining the swap!

Hi Dotty

I'm another Aussie and in Sydney. Once your addicted thats it.

Back