Highest temp question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaSoaper

Reaction score
I'm curious what the hottest temperature youve been able to take your MnP soap to without it being burned and unusable? I'm sure it probably varies from brand to brand and also the type of MnP. I had some SFIC white MnP from BB that got to 200 F and it didn't burn, yellow, get goey, or smell one bit. Obviously I didn't intend for it to reach that temp but it hardened nicely and I haven't had any issues with it.

It's a one off case but made me wonder if anyone else could to speak to this... Thoughts on it eventually turning somehow? Anything I should look out for? I've used it several times now and it's really no different feeling than a perfect batch of MnP. Thank you for your input!

@MommaSoaper, I have actually boiled my M and Pour--by accident of course. I set it aside for my own use and just to see what would happen. Nothing happened. It is just fine. I kept it in my bathroom for a few weeks then started using it. I don't recommend doing this of course, but just pointing out that we can push the envelope sometimes. I wouldn't use this for gifting or selling just in case, but it was usable. I think the manufacturer will set limits knowing some idiot (me) will go past the ideal temperature, so they add a margin for error.

I accidentally heated my WSP MP base to 200. it became cloudy and extra bubbly...other than that it was ok.
I think highest temp varies according to type of soap and manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back