High Lard batch with semi-successful swirls!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traderbren

Reaction score
I finally achieved a degree of swirling I am happy with. I unmolded a batch of 75 lard/20 CO/5 castor scented with NG's Deadly Weapon (yummy!) this morning after my run. The top is not as pretty as I like since my husband wanted to try to get deeper swirls through part of it, after I made it all pretty.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1440852200.861734.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1440852213.822464.jpg

Like the clean, lively color combo and the lovely contrast between the blue and green vs. the pure white. Nicely done!

And no need to apologize for the top -- only YOU know it's not quite what you wanted. No one else will see its "faults" the way you do -- they will enjoy the top for exactly what it is! :)

I think the colors are really nice and the top reminds me of the ocean. Lovely. Going to be giving lard a try this week for the first time.
Love your Loki...:thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words! I have been struggling with swirls from the get-go (I was more worried about actual soap recipes vs. colors/swirls for a good long while so I had a lot of plain bars), so I'm very happy that I'm seeing results I like.

Loki seemed like the Lego of choice for Deadly Weapon soap. I play with Legos a lot on weekends, and I have a tiny toy dinosaur that has quite a following as well. He tends to come out when the beer is flowing freely...

Back