Hibiscus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try if your water is 350 grams then use 250grams water and 100grams of hibiscus tea and add the tea after light trace, I am not if the colour will still turn brown but I think it worth of try.
it still would not help its just the nature of the flower and its reaction to any lye present ..... the only thing i can think of which i myself have not tried is re-batching your soap and try adding that , but the only thing that my mind seems cautious about is the added water content to your soap.

and for the botanical question about paprika // its botanical seeing its from a plant

Botanical :
adjective 1. Also, botanic. of, pertaining to, made from, or containing plants: botanical survey; botanical drugs.

noun 2. Pharmacology. a drug made from part of a plant, as from roots, leaves, bark, or berries.

Thanx for the advice... can you tell me which is the best way to use parsley? oils are expensive and don't want to keep losing in try and errors :D

I grind the dried parsley into a fine powder and add it to the soap. I hp so I add it at the end. You can add as much as you like depending on how green you want it to be.

According to info I found at Soapalooza (formerly Southern Soapers), parsley is one of the few botanicals that holds up great in CP without fading too badly. Just scroll down to the part where it says, 'To Get Greens'.:

http://soapalooza.com/myfiles/pdf/Natural-Soap-Colorants-Instruction.pdf

Not that we are taking votes or anything, but I nominate that as being the coolest link ever. I had no idea that such a thing could be done. You have given my hubby, son and I a fun source of amusement this fine Sunday morning. :)

IrishLass :)

Soaping 101 did a video "field trip" foraging for natural colorants. Then, she did a side by side comparison of the colors. Sorry I don't have link, but it's one of her tutorials on YouTube. If I find it, I will post name of video.

and this is the soap after adding carrots with the remains of infused hibiscus particles

10308141_10152638240956016_3260314499715010411_n.jpg

I've used parsley in CP and it faded to a tannish green that was barely detectable against the uncolored soap batter.

Back