hi :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reflection

Reaction score
hi! just wanted to say hello as i'm new here but have read the forum on occasion in the past. i've been making my own skincare and cleaning products (lotion bars, body butter, balms, laundry soap, etc) which i absolutely love doing and think it is finally time to try soapmaking. woo hoo! i can't wait to try it. i am currently amassing my supplies which is taking a little time as i don't cook much and so didn't have everything on hand. i've got the crock pot, scale, pyrex measuring cups, and mostly need a stick blender which i'll post about elsewhere as i would love advice about that. i've read all the threads on it & googled too but still have a question. you all sound so knowledgable & encouraging so it is a delight to be here and hopefully i can contribute too.

Hey and welcome! Go to the paint department of the hardware store and get some plastic buckets. They should have a 2 or a 5 in the little triangle on the bottom. Cheap and cheerful! Get a couple of them.

thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Welcome, and get prepared for another addiction!
haha. yes, i'm sure it will be another addiction. :)

Welcome to SMF.

One point - I wouldn't use Pyrex for much with soaping. Lye solutions and even the soap batter can damage it over time. Good plastic is a better option.
oh, thanks for the reminder. i did read here to skip the pyrex for the lye water. i'll probably just get some plastic measuring cups & use the pyrex for measuring my oils. i think i'm going to reread anne watson's 'smart soapmaking' as i read it a little bit ago. that and rewatch videos before i actually dive in.

Hey and welcome! Go to the paint department of the hardware store and get some plastic buckets. They should have a 2 or a 5 in the little triangle on the bottom. Cheap and cheerful! Get a couple of them.
for the lye, right?

Latest posts

Back