Hi!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponomancer

Professional Geek
Reaction score
Most people call me Diggy or Deeg (for DG)

I've been soaping since last October, and have been lurking about and reading threads here for a couple of months, and thought I would join :)

I'm primarily a geek whos interested in modern anachronisms of all sorts

In the last eight months I've gone from my very first batch of soap from a kit:

tumblr_ner2foIRSN1rcpo9po1_500.png

to well

something at least moderately better, and from my own recipe, just cut today:

tumblr_nond8uPQDM1rcpo9po1_540.jpg

Welcome!

I had to look anachronism up. I thought it was a part of speech and I just couldn't figure out why the heck you were telling us you made soap and understood grammar!

society for creative anachronisms :) They teach everything from how to forge your own knife, to spinning, making meade- and soap making! They also teach things like sword fighting and calligraphy and lost recipes for food and ball room dancing

And do gatherings where they run around in period costumes and have tournaments and things, one of my friends is in an acting troupe doing period plays at those

(I've never gotten to go but its always sounded like super amounts of fun)

society for creative anachronisms :) They teach everything from how to forge your own knife, to spinning, making meade- and soap making! They also teach things like sword fighting and calligraphy and lost recipes for food and ball room dancing

And do gatherings where they run around in period costumes and have tournaments and things, one of my friends is in an acting troupe doing period plays at those

(I've never gotten to go but its always sounded like super amounts of fun)

Cool! I've been to a Renaissance Festival. I had no idea it was a "anachronism." Hey, I think I'm an anachronism: I knit. I make soap. I am learning to spin (yarn, not the exercise). I make pasta out of flour and eggs. I even tell stories. Oh my gosh. I'm not an anachronism after all!! I'm a Time Lord. Where the heck did I hide the TARDIS?

Awesome! how did you like it? I've been working at the local ren fair since I was in highschool (ye old long time ago now)

darned chameleon circuit making the old box hard to find, I'm sure you left it around here somewhere!

It was awesome! I was dressed like a peasant and curtsied to all the "Lords" and "Ladies" at the fair. There were artists making jewelry and there was a smithy working on some swords. It was a fun time because the friends I went with were all in costume and we all acted like we were in medieval times. There were some people there that were fuddy-duddies and wouldn't "play" with us. Why go to a a ren fest if you're going to be like that? It's like going to a ComCon and getting mad if someone shoots you with their nerf gun.

;) we dont pay much nevermind to the travelers, they're mostly there to gawk and drink beer, most of the faire folk ought to have played with you, at least we would have at mine, tis part of the fun.

I donno though man, I usually work sec or the den at conventions and theres a strict policy against shooting other con goers with stuff, for a lot of reasons. Playing along with the cosplayers is aces though. If you like that kind of stuff you'd probably be interested in boffer larps if you can find one in your area :)

Back