Hi

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenbeth

Reaction score
Hi, my hobby is beekeeping and this resulted in discovering soapmaking. My partner and I sell our honey at a farmer's market. We also sell beeswax. So many people pick up the wax and say "wow soap" and we say "no beeswax." Anyway curiosity got the better of me and I started researching honey and beeswax soap. This forum came up in my searches and it has been a fantastic source of information. So glad to join you all and learn more. I've made a few batches of cold process soap and love it. That first cut to see what has happened is so addictive.

Thanks for the welcome. I make beeswax candles and they're a bit of fun. We sell a few but our market is very country and few people appreciate the magnificent qualities of beeswax, and people are looking for a bargain. We are expanding to a city market and we sold more candles at one city market than at about four country markets. Both are promoted as farmer's markets, so it's interesting.
Anyway I'm loving soaping and experimenting with swirling and stuff. You all are a clever bunch.

Hi Karen and welcome. There is an abundance of information in this forum, and some very talented people too. :wave:

Hi, you are so right about the talented people. I have marvelled at some of the photos. My aim is to make soap that incorpoates honey, beeswax, or both. Honey does some pretty funky stuff to soap.
My son is in the army so I had to try making some camouflage soap. I used parsley cinnamon and cocoa to colour it. Just cut it and I'm really pleased. Thinking about what to do next time to make it better. I'll have to learn how to get photos off my phone and onto the computer!!:eh:

I've tried adding beeswax to soap to see if it would eliminate ash but I don't think I added enough (or maybe too much?). I think I am too impatient and am unmolding/cutting too soon. If you get your army soap photos uploaded I'd love to see them.

Back